• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tow hook cover mod

shawn110975

Suspended
guys I was going thru tow hook covers like mad, then I just started spray painting them flat black, anyway

I keep getting requests for tow hook covers and if you can find one great, but those of you who have not lost your yet here is a mod I did a few years ago and gueqq what I still have the tow hook cover LOL

drill a hole so a screw can go thru it, then run a wire or ziptie that loose to the tow hook itself and your done, never lose it again, if ti pops off then it will dangle
and you will notice it and pop it back on

hope this helps you guys out

2013-11-12_10-43-13_156.jpg

2013-11-12_10-43-23_531.jpg

Mine's had a bit of fishing line on it for years.

I just thought it may give people a fun little project to do thats easy and helps NSX Owners to not lose the cover.

every IDEA is always welcome

good ideas....I've been lucky over the years to only have lost one after many flatbeds from track events.......superglue would not be my first choice though....kinda defeats the purpose of the toe hook.

good ideas....I've been lucky over the years to only have lost one after many flatbeds from track events.......superglue would not be my first choice though....kinda defeats the purpose of the toe hook.

That is true but i hope i will never have to tow it or use it flat bed so far only once had to be towed due to fail slave cylinder after clutch change

Ive never towed my car, is there a hook some place you screw in after pulling that cover? Sorry for the newb question from a 7 year member with 15K posts. LOL...

I got my car towed once and the guy hooked to something under the front of the car. He said most of these hondas have something under the car to hook onto. All I know is it worked with zero damage.

Ive never towed my car, is there a hook some place you screw in after pulling that cover? Sorry for the newb question from a 7 year member with 15K posts. LOL...

there is a large eye bolt

I got my car towed once and the guy hooked to something under the front of the car. He said most of these hondas have something under the car to hook onto. All I know is it worked with zero damage.
Did you check your alignment after that?

Yeah I agree with warrenw on this one - check your alignment, because those things under the car are NOT for towing the car; they are for securing the car on the flatbed with chains.
The only thing you should use for towing the car in the tow-hook right upfront at the bumper.

well the tow driver was refering to the control arms which is a NO NO. but under the tow hook itself on both side of the front are 2 places to hook on to they are bolted to the inner frame rail and hang down and have a big hole.

also there are 2 spots on the rear behind the rear tire and it bolts to frame and hangs down about 5-6 inches witha big hole

Anyone have any extra covers laying around by any chance?

Mine's had a bit of fishing line on it for years.

Yes I remember that was the solution people were using years ago. You could just tie the fishing line around the clips that hold the cover in place so you don't have to drill. I think some people also glued it the line to the cover. I've never had mine pop out so I never bothered but I remember thinking it was a good solution.

Anyone have any extra covers laying around by any chance?
They're still available at dealers. They come already painted, so you can order the one for your color car. They list for $40-55 and you can get them for a ~25 percent discount from dealers like Tim.

Oh I like this one. Did you get that at a home depot or something?

I had it lying around in my basement to be honest. I'm sure you could get your hands on something similar at your local hardware store. Works like a charm, and the exterior remains untouched.

Lucas

After I lost one, and saw the new one hanging off, I took it off, flipped it over, and used black caulk on it. Popped it back in place, wiped off extra caulk and haven't had an issue since.

when they are to low you hit stuff and it pops off, or hitting the cement when parking

Back