• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track day at Streets of Willow or Buttonwillow?

Spring is here and I am feeling a need for speed... does anyone know of any open track days coming up at either Streets of Willow Springs or Buttonwillow? Would love to go with some other NSX's or any club that lets other cars join in.

BTW I'm not a fan of the Big Willow track, maybe it's because I spun out my NSX last year on turn 9? I started the day carrying about 70 mph around turn 9 and worked my way up to 100 mph by the afternoon on my last session I had just about finished the turn when I eased off the accelerator just a hair and it was enough to bring the rear end around and once that started there was nothing I could do.

I spun into the infield at 100 mph into a huge cloud of dust and fortunately spun rather than rolled. I'm not sure how many times I spun because I couldn't see a thing in the dust, but it seemed like forever before I cam to a stop on all 4 wheels. Whew!

There was a guy behind me in a Corvette who had a camera rolling and caught it, here are some frames from the video. (I shook me up pretty good so I went back out for one more session just to "get back on the horse")

Cheers, Bruce

Attachments

• Spin Out 02.jpg
    Spin Out 02.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Spin Out 03.jpg
    Spin Out 03.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Spin Out 05.jpg
    Spin Out 05.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Spin Out 07.jpg