• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trans Speed sensor

Yes and no:).

1993 forward use the same sensor for 5/6/auto Transmissions 1991 and 1992 are different.

HTH,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
Yes and no:).

1993 forward use the same sensor for 5/6/auto Transmissions 1991 and 1992 are different.

HTH,
LarryB

Just my luck I have a 91 & a recently purchased 6 spd. Guess I have to find a 93 & up speed sensor.

Thanks for the Info.
Wayne

The later model speed sensor will work on 91 and 92's. The only difference other than part # is the 91-92 part has a pig tail connection. later model has connection right on top of the sensor. Both are interchangeble. Buy whatever is cheaper.

Great Info EIFFEL. OK, if the 91-92's have a pgitail, does that mean the earlier cars MUST use the original one, since the harness will be too short, but later models can accept the older one and have a little extra wire length?

I also recall the earlier cars having a bracket on the trans case, but the newer cars do not.

If this is correct, then whrdnsx can certainly use his 1991 sensor, as long as he ties up the extra length:).

Thanks,
LarryB

The 91-92 can use the later model but like Larry stated, you have to reroute the harness slightly to reach the sensor. due to the newer style does not come with pigtail. The same sensor also works with 90-97 Accords. (new or old style) HTH. Eiffel

EIFFEL said:
The 91-92 can use the later model but like Larry stated, you have to reroute the harness slightly to reach the sensor. due to the newer style does not come with pigtail. The same sensor also works with 90-97 Accords. (new or old style) HTH. Eiffel

Thanks for the Info, you've saved me some money.

Wayne

Can someone post cross part references on any cheaper Acura/Honda speed sensors that will work with a 93 NSX? thanks

I've seen a few on ebay but kinda hesitant..

Back