• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

TSB's - how long are they good for

How long will Acura honor a TSB? As long as the basic warranty?

And would the dealer be able to tell me if a TSB has been completed?

I'm asking as a follow up to my earlier post about RPM's that are slow to descend when reving the car in neutral.

Da Hapa said:
How long will Acura honor a TSB? As long as the basic warranty?

And would the dealer be able to tell me if a TSB has been completed?

I'm asking as a follow up to my earlier post about RPM's that are slow to descend when reving the car in neutral.
A Technical Service Bulletin is an advisory to dealers about how to service a specific problem on a car. It does not represent a commitment to fix the problem. (The car's warranty does.) So, there is nothing to "honor" in a TSB.

A dealer can usually pull a history of all service performed at that specific dealership. They can also pull a history of all recall campaigns for the car and whether the service work to address them was performed at ANY dealership. However, most TSBs do not involve recall campaigns (in which all owners are notified to bring their car in to address a particular problem).

In other words, unless the TSB in question involved a recall, you can only find out whether a particular dealership did the associated work, by asking them; there's no way to find out whether the work was done by any dealership.

nsxtasy said:
A Technical Service Bulletin is an advisory to dealers about how to service a specific problem on a car. It does not represent a commitment to fix the problem. (The car's warranty does.) So, there is nothing to "honor" in a TSB.

A dealer can usually pull a history of all service performed at that specific dealership. They can also pull a history of all recall campaigns for the car and whether the service work to address them was performed at ANY dealership. However, most TSBs do not involve recall campaigns (in which all owners are notified to bring their car in to address a particular problem).

In other words, unless the TSB in question involved a recall, you can only find out whether a particular dealership did the associated work, by asking them; there's no way to find out whether the work was done by any dealership.
Got it, thanks.

Back