• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tubi Group Buy

:eek: I talked to a suplier of Tubi exhausts who said Tubi will build them for the NSX if they can get a minium order of 10.

Let me know who is interested. I don't know the protocal on setting up a group buy so any help is appreiciated.

Don

Don - I want one too please!! Don't know if it will go well or fit with my Veilside Fortune Kit I ordered though... :confused:

What price are we looking at here?

DonD said:
:eek: I talked to a suplier of Tubi exhausts who said Tubi will build them for the NSX if they can get a minium order of 10.

Let me know who is interested. I don't know the protocal on setting up a group buy so any help is appreiciated.

Don

Don,

I'm a definite! So looks like we have 3 already!!! 2 of those at least will be comming Down Under....

Will they be comming via your supplier in the states or can they be shipped dirrectly from the factory to Australia? (You may not know the answer to this Q at the moment but I have asked it so you may be able to find out during you enquiries...)

Thanks Don...

:) Here is the deal.
For 1995 to 2001 model years only.
Price is $1,800 plus shipping
$100 deposit required. 30 days to deliver.
He prefers you email Franc Yarde who is owner of Tubistyle USA Inc. [email protected] your request per DonD group buy.

Tubistyle USA. INc.
10971 Paw Pa Drive
Holland, Michigan 49424
(616) 396. 1979

JoeSchmoe said:
So is there anything in the works for 91-94 owners or are we out of luck?

-- Joe

I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

Don, It looks like you made the contact. I hope my guy was able to help. Be advised that you may need to purchase intermediate pipes. On my 99 I had to. Tubi had them in stock. When I went to Acura there were two different mufflers for that year(no one could tell me why). So you may need them or not. Wait till you here it. Good luck guys. Scott

I'd like one, but I have a 1991. Guess that means I'm out of luck with what I have read.

Tim

called them up yesterday and they said that they would like to get a somebody to be the leader of the GB. If we get orders of more than 10 units there will be a slight discount. Cmon guys let's get this together...I want a tubi in my nsx now. heheheh

madfast said:
forgot to mention that they said that the exhaust will fit 91 - 2004...just that some models will need the extra piping which they carry.

I'm still in!

Please let me know what I have to do/buy to fit my '93

Who is coordinating this GB?

To whoever that is, here is what I would like to see from Tubi:
*some sort of basic warranty
*price of $1600 or under, plus US shipping ($1600 = imported cost).
*it must include everything I need to bolt it up to my 94 w/cats. No $1600 exhaust that needs $400 specialty pipes too. I'll pay for new gaskets, etc.
* I am not willing to weld or modify my headers, cats or exhaust for possible fitment issues. If it gets here not fitting properly I don't want to be 'an understood part of the deal' that is my problem. Ditto cracked tips. see here (click me).

If they can do that, I am in. I'll send you a check, paypal, deposit, or whatever. I don't mean for this to be a harsh tone, I just want to be clear on this so there is no misunderstanding. I am a serious buyer, and will leave this offer open until end of the month (September '04).

I would like an answer from Tubi by then. If I've heard nothing, I reserve the right to withdraw my offer. Delivery can be any time after that within reason (couple months?).

DISCLAIMER
Before anyone gets in a twist, here is my logic:
Pricing: Original $1800 was for 95+ owners only. As 91-94 owners, exhausts are cheaper than new NSXs. Less tubing = better pricing. Exhaust examples: Anytime is $300 less for the 91-94s (SoS). Taitec GT is $250 less (SoS). Comptech is $100 less (list). click me Call that $100-200 on average. Throw in a couple more bucks for this 'additional discount', and we are at $1600. All you 97 owners, don't worry we get screwed on the headers. More tubing = higher price.

Fitment: Its Italian, and I love it for that. That is part of the reason I'll pay $1600 for this when I know it shouldn't cost half that to make it. Having said that, lets be reasonable. Even Ferraris drive right when you buy them off the lot! I don't expect the exhaust to last 50 years, but I do expect it to install properly and endure my 4k miles a year.

coolnsx said:
DonD, I emailed [email protected] without response.

Your sending it to the wrong adress, his email is [email protected]. ;)
I have been to there shop over here in Michigan, they have a real nice warehouse, and were very helpful when I picked my exhaust on the 2nd group buy. They even offered to mount it for me, if they could drive my car.

White 94
One thing you might want to think about is , they don't make that much money of this exhaust. They charge 2 to 3 times that price for Ferrari and Lambo exhaust system's. Now ask your self what exhaust would you build first?
IMO, don't expect the fitment to be much better than it was before.

Last edited:
Intersted parties
1) DonD.................Add 401 for pipes + shipping
2) NSXMF.......Add 401 for pipes+ 450.00 to ship to your door. = 950.00
3) Bigglezworth *
4) ??????
5) Anyone?

Confirmed
1) White 94 *
2) JoeSchmoe *
3) madfast *
4) AU_NSX *
5) Dynamic NSX *
6) coolnsx *
7)
8)
9)
10)

Please list the year of your car.

*owners of 91 to 96 modles.

Last edited:
prova4re said:
Your sending it to the wrong adress, his email is [email protected]. ;)
White 94
One thing you might want to think about is , they don't make that much money of this exhaust. They charge 2 to 3 times that price for Ferrari and Lambo exhaust system's. Now ask your self what exhaust would you build first?
IMO, don't expect the fitment to be any better than it was before.

I saw in another thread where Tino sent over another OEM NSX exhaust so they could tweak the bending a little. I was hoping they did that. I think I also saw where they throw in the adapter pipes for all exhausts, and the 91-94 guys just don't use them. I'd rather they keep 'em and save me a couple bucks. Maybe I am mistaken about this, having never ordered one. I am just going off of what I have read.

About the fitment, I am not trying to be an ass about it. The reason I am harping on it so much is that it seems to have worked best with DC headers, OK with OEM manifolds, and only rarely with the more ridgid headers (taitec/comptech)in the past. I have Comptech, and live in BFE. I really don't want to haul my $2k exhaust and $1.5k headers into Billy Bob's Discount Muffler and tell them 'hack this apart, reweld it and make it work'. You know?

As for the build schedule, I can understand that the big money stuff gets priority. I am very flexible with when they get delivered, I just don't want to sit here for a couple months with more questions than answers..

If Tubi says "we'll make sure we get you taken care of Mark" then I am down with it. If they are saying, 'fine, I'll crank out another 10 of these if you get off my ass about it' then I'll pass.

Regardless, thanks for the insight and offering to help out! Its nice to have someone a little closer to all this - what do you think?

Mark

Edit: I PMed you my cell number if you want to take this offline?

I under stand your point about fitment problems, trust me. ;)
I have owned quite a few F cars in the past, and know not one of them was built the same way. They take pride in there work as artist's, and are not know as enginer's. They leave that to the German's. lol

They didn't throw the extra pipe's in with the 91 exhaust that I got, but they told me they had them in stock if needed. That is why we need to know what year the cars are.

They fit my oem headers because it has a flex pipe on it, when I installed my Comptech headers, I had to mod the header pipe to fit.

Last edited:
I would definitely want to order a Tubi for my 94 - count me in. (Sadly, the Tubi that was sold by Naples Motor Sports that Prova4re refers to was taken off my car that I bought from them. They never told me about the Tubi - ridiculous). Nick

I talked to the guy's at Tubi USA today, they said there should not be any more fitment issue's. Tubi has the exhaust that Tino sent to them, as well as the short pipes from Acura to fit the exaust to the new style cars.
They need 10 deposit's to get the ball rolling, then it should take 30 day's or so to get them to there warehouse in Michigan.
They would then uncrate them and box them up to get shipped to you. Add 2 weeks, as they get a container load in at a time.
You can pick them up from the warehouse in Michigan to save on the shipping.
They ship UPS over size box, I don't know the weight yet.

The bad news is, Tubi style doesn't sell dirrect. We have to go through there retail guy located in the same building. He is making money off this deal as well, the price on the Tubi is 1800+ shipping to you from Michigan.
If you have a 97+ and need the extra pipes its going to cost 400.00 more. :eek:

The checks can be made out to Euro Tech, the deposit is going to be 100.00. US.

Tubi did say if there are any fitment issues, they would work with that person to have fixed. He said they can fab up any part to make them fit right, at no charge.

If your thinking about doing this now is the time, Tubi will get swamped after the first of the year with the new models coming out and have no time to make a small run such as this.

Shipping to AUS is going to cost 450.00 US, they won't say were it is shipping out of, but chances are it is comming to the ware house in Michigan then getting shipped to you. I would expect it to take at least 2 months if not more untill you see it at your door step. If it takes that route, if it's dhipped strait from Italy it should take less time.

Any more questions feal free to ask.
Later Brian.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the legwork Brian, I really appreciate it (even more so since you already have yours!). I'm in. Put me on the list and let me know where the check goes.

Tubi said there is no price break for more than 10. :(

You can call UPS to figure out what the shipping price is going to be with this info.
Shipping out of.

Tubistyle USA. INc.
10971 Paw Pa Drive
Holland, Michigan 49424

The weight of the box is 48 pounds, the size is 51 x 11 X 22.

Last edited:
Back