• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tubi Group Buy

$31 by UPS ground to TN, thanks for the info.

Edit, you can do this on the UPS website as well. Just for kick, I looked up the price for insured shipping to Melbourne Australia. $348.

Good Timing! I need a clutch in my 2000, anyway.
I am running on a dealer tag and not subject to emissions. Can you get in on this deal with complete exhaust removal including cats, or is it just cat back? Are there significant issues with removing the cats?

Another question (albeit premature) -

If we want to do headers at the same time as the Tubi exhaust, what would be the best bet in terms of fitment? Comptech?

Nick

Mine is a 1997 and I will get the adaptor pies from another source. I have emailed Franc again at the correct address this time. :rolleyes:

ok, i am inclined to be in on this. I currently have stock exhaust on my 2000. What do i need in addition to this exhaust if I want to remove the cats? Are there other issues I will need to address due to backpressure changes?

Brian,

First of all... A big thanks for your help!

Next.... I'm still in!

Third a Q...

prova4re said:
I talked to the guy's at Tubi USA today, they said there should not be any more fitment issue's. Tubi has the exaust that Tino sent to them, as well as the short pipes from Acura to fit the exaust to the new style cars..
the price on the Tubi is 1800+ shipping to you from Michigan.
If you have a 95+ and need the extra pipes its going to cost 400.00 more. :eek: ..

On the www.tubistyleusa.com website they give the partnumber: 05010011000 - Silencer for NSX (4x70mm) 1995->2001

I would usually take this to mean that it is the 95+ cars that the exhaust fits and the ones made earlier would need the extra pipes...

Can you confirm that it is in fact the 95+ cars and NOT the earlier cars that need the extra pipes?
prova4re said:
The checks can be made out to Euro Tech, the deposit is going to be 100.00. US. ..

$ US cheques will not work for me... How else can I send the money... I do use PayPal all the time?

prova4re said:
Shipping to AUS is going to cost 450.00 US, they won't say were it is shipping out of, but chances are it is comming to the ware house in Michigan then getting shipped to you. I would expect it to take at least 2 months if not more untill you see it at your door step. If it takes that route, if it's dhipped strait from Italy it should take less time...

Is it possible to be in on this deal and still have it shipped directly from Italy to Australia?

prova4re said:
Any more questions feal free to ask.
Later Brian.

Thanks mate!

Hi Guy's

The silencer is new to me, I will ask them more about it.
(IMO) Silencers are used to quite the exaust, and slide into the tips of the tail pipes. The silencers would be used for ALL years not just the 1995->2001 model's. As stated on there web site.

05010011000 Silencer for NSX (4x70mm)
1995->2001
This might be wrong on there web site, I will check with then asap.

This is the part number for the pipes that you need if you have a 97+, if you have a 91 to 96 Nsx, no extra piping is needed.

0501001200 Intermediate Pipe for NSX, Right & Left (Pair) cost 400.00

IMO, that is a a bit much, so I asked them to see if they could get us a better deal on these pipes. I will keep you posted.

I have a 91 and the exhaust just bolted right up, no extra pipes were needed.
I will ask them if they will take pay pal, I know they will take a money order in US funds.
If that is still a problem, pm me and I will help you out on other payment option's.

The problem with shipping dirrect is, Tubi style USA has the right's for the US.
There might be another Dist. in your area that will not allow them to ship it dirrect to you. You might have to go through that Dist.
They are still working those details out so i will keep you posted.

There was a problem in the first group buy, with a Dist. from another country shipping into the US.

I hope that help's anser your question's.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

JoeSchmoe
We need to get 10 people to sign up before they take deposit's.
The minn. order to start making these is 20 pices, but the usa dealer said they would stock the extra 10 pices as they know they can sell them.
But they won't place the order until they get 10 deposit's or more, this run is only going to be 20 pices, after that there might not be another small order like this until they slow down agin.
I hope this makes sense.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
nsxmo
If your going to remove the cats, you would need the test pipes that replace them. I think Comptech sells them, you might want to check there web site.
I have heard a Tubi without cats and it's real louad to say the least, its going to gurgle allot.
I am sure Larry B could tell you more about what you would need to address due to backpressure changes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

coolnsx
I don't blame you a bit, the pipes are not cheap. In the last group buy they were around 250.00.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

dynamicNSX
From what i have read, the header's that have a flex pipe, mount up to the Tubi the best. But they might have some issues at the flexing joint's if tweeked to far. As you might know. ;)
I have Comptech headers for my 91, they come with a short extion pipe for years 91 to 94. Devin had to cut the short pipe on one side, and re weld it to make it fit.
This is a good fix, (IMO) as you don't need to cut the header or the Tubi,
just the short pipe that can be replaced for about 100.00.
Tubi style usa has said there should not be any more fitment isues, and they will work with any customer that might have a problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I am no expert at this stuff, I am just giving you a first hand acount of what I have been through.
Thank's Brian.

Last edited:
i have a 94 with tubi and comptech headers. if i remember correctly, the comptech headers came with some short pipes and i don't remember if they went on the car or stayed in the box. the tubi came with nothing and didn't need it. i love it. i hope you guys get what you want.

i have a 94 with tubi and comptech headers. if i remember correctly, the comptech headers came with some short pipes and i don't remember if they went on the car or stayed in the box. the tubi came with nothing and didn't need it. i love it. i hope you guys get what you want.

akydakyx said:

I've got CT headers too, you are right about the short pipe for 91-94.

Do you run cats? How loud is it in and out of the cabin?

i have cats but i have the gruppe m mesh engine cover so it is louder than stock engine cover inside. i like it. i would not want it any louder inside. i drive with windows up and a/c on 99% of the time. it is a nice sound normal driving. it gets loud in a good way when you put your foot down.

Check is in the mail...c'mon guys its our only chance to get the best exhaust out there. Let's make it happen.

prova4re said:
Intersted parties
1) DonD.................Add 400 for pipes + shipping
2) coolnsx *
3) AU_NSX *..........Add 450.00 to ship to your door.
4) madfast *
5) NSXMF.......Add 400 for pipes+ 450.00 to ship to your door. = 950.00
6) JoeSchmoe *
7) Bigglezworth *
8) Dynamic NSX *
9)
10)

Confirmed
1) White 94 *
2) JoeSchmoe *
3) Madfast 93 (Check sent)
4)

Please list the year of your car.

*owners of 91 to 96 modles.

Where did you send the check to - what address, to who's attention?

I would wait to see if we can get 10 people in on this, but here is his adress.
You could go through another retailer if you wanted, as Tubi style usa can't sell to end user's. Tubi style sugested going through Euro Tech, because they are in the same building.

Check's can be sent to:

Euro Tech of Holland llc.
Email: [email protected]
Address: 10963 Paw Paw Dr.
Holland,MI 49424

Cool, I'll send it when we get 10. Thanks again Brian!

prova4re said:
The silencer is new to me, I will ask them more about it.
(IMO) Silencers are used to quite the exaust, and slide into the tips of the tail pipes. The silencers would be used for ALL years not just the 1995->2001 model's. .
Yes I have seen those.... Funny, I would have assumed that the "silencer" is the actual muffler or should I say the canister part...

prova4re said:
As stated on there web site.

05010011000 Silencer for NSX (4x70mm)
1995->2001
This might be wrong on there web site, I will check with them asap...

This is the part number for the pipes that you need if you have a 97+, if you have a 91 to 96 Nsx, no extra piping is needed.

I have a 91 and the exhaust just bolted right up, no extra pipes were needed. ..
OK Then.. This is good for me :D So I'm CONFIRMED! :D

prova4re said:
I will ask them if they will take pay pal, I know they will take a money order in US funds.
If that is still a problem, pm me and I will help you out on other payment option's...
Thanks mate! Paypal is just easier if they take it.. Or maybe I can give them my credit card details over the phone.... Or however they want to process the transaction. Just let me know which they prefer...

prova4re said:
The problem with shipping direct is, Tubi style USA has the right's for the US.
There might be another Dist. in your area that will not allow them to ship it dirrect to you. You might have to go through that Dist....
I have looked... There is no Tubi dealer, distributor or even an authorised rep in Australia... So there is no-one to get upset on this side of the Pacific...

prova4re said:
They are still working those details out so i will keep you posted..

Please let me know... And thanks again!

On the shipping... $450.. Who was that through?

$348 was a figure quoted by UPS for White94 when he enquired... I have generally found BAX Global to be the most competitive for vendors... They are also in Italy and Australia... so direct from Itally to Australia is feasible...

Shipping is obviously the only area now for me to reduce costs by shopping around and looking at alternatives... Hence, with no Tubi dealer in Australia, Italy to Australia direct is still possible and obviously quicker....

You can count me in as a definite!

AU_NSX said:
On the shipping... $450.. Who was that through?

That was a figure thrown at me by Tubi style usa, using UPS.
There might be brokers fees, duty, and Taxes to add in as well.

Update:
I talked to Tubi style usa today, the pipes for the 97+ cars are going to cost 401.00. They were losing money on them on the last 2 group buy's, when they were selling them for 250.00. They said you could buy the pipes from Acura, or have a set made.
All the mufflers are the same for every year, 91 to 2005.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
AU_NSX
You were right the "silencer" is the actual muffler.

On your shipping cost, they said it must go out UPS, and the cost is 440.00 to your door. If you have a UPS account, they will let you pay UPS to ship it, as you might get a better deal.
Tubi's quote was door to door and had customs, over size box and duty inc.

Matt at Euro Tech will take a credit card, but not pay pal.
Euro Tech of Holland llc.
Email: [email protected]
Address: 10963 Paw Paw Dr.
Holland,MI 49424
(616) 393 7733

Please let us know if you are buying one so I can update this list.
Interested parties
1) nsxmo
2) NSXMF.......Add 401.00 for pipes+ 450.00 to ship to your door. = 950.00
3) Bigglezworth *
4) ?
5) ?

Confirmed
1) White 94 *
2) JoeSchmoe *
3) madfast *
4) AU_NSX *
5) Dynamic NSX *
6) coolnsx 97
7) -m- *
8) Don D 00
9) Shiva 98
10) xxxxxxx
11) xxxxxxx
12) xxxxxxx
13)

Please list the year of your car.

*owners of 91 to 96 modles.

Last edited:
Prova4re, just to clarify I have a 1997 model. Thanks for your efforts to make this happen.

Back