• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo NSX at Sebring Video

Well over the last few months I've been fixing a turbo nsx that came to me w/ a slew of problems with its original turbo setup. We've basically redesigned the whole system, and now its finally track worthy. It is a very fun car.

A few clips at sebring raceway.

Sorry the audio in car is not good at all. My video editing skills arent great either.

http://www.vimeo.com/2013347

Very nice...looks like alot of fun.

I found the best way to capture the audio during a track event is to use an external mic (cheap lapel mic) and run it to the inside of the trunk. No wind noise but still picks up the exhaust note as well as rear tire squeal (street tires). BTW: I use a cheap $150 Aiptek HD 1080p video camera. It didn't have an external mic jack so I opened it up and soldiered in a 1/8" mic jack from Radio Shack. Works like a charm and records to SD card.

http://www.vimeo.com/1734154

Last edited:
Well over the last few months I've been fixing a turbo nsx that came to me w/ a slew of problems with its original turbo setup. We've basically redesigned the whole system, and now its finally track worthy. It is a very fun car.

A few clips at sebring raceway.

Sorry the audio in car is not good at all. My video editing skills arent great either.

http://www.vimeo.com/2013347

look amazing like tha love fab kit, is that what you had to work with? of is that just how it ended up....

good to see someone besides me pushing to stock rods :)

"Top Speed: 210mph+"

-I'm not sure if the NSX is even geared to reach those speeds... :confused:

That's with a 40kt tailwind. :biggrin: My record at work is 721 mph. That was with a 184 mph tailwind. :cool:

My all time record was Mach 2.02 (1,482 MPH) - Concorde on the way to London. :cool:

Last edited:
funny when i read that i thought the exact same thing. nice try buddy :wink:. nice setup, but let's keep things realistic here :biggrin: haha

nice set up though..

uh, it is realistic.
the nsx has been 205 MPH GPS verified. it had more in it. excess of 9000 rpms tho.

Ive also been much higher than that in our 1400 whp Ford GT. :biggrin:

Congrats on getting the car all sorted out, Mase. Sounds great too. Been wondering when you were going to put up some vid.

I'm Very Sure he IS correct on what the car can do. He and i have spoken more extensively about what the car has. Even though he has added some things after he and i talked about it at some point.
MASE is Very good at Tuning cars. I didnt realize until after the first 5 min of talking to him. He is WORTH checking out and shipping your car to :smile:

Oster

Last edited:
LOL nooooo. not at sebring. I simply put the top speed capability of this vehicle.

OSTER! how are you man? long time, yeah this car has sure changed since last you saw. Give me a buzz sometime, would love to catch up.
I was going to say... :smile:

What tires were you running on at those speeds (model/size)? What RPM were you turning for those speeds?

What was that "Porsche race car on slicks" running? You seemed to be out-breaking him on your street-tires which is impressive but he was pulling away on the straights. With 618 whp in your 2950+/- lb car, what was the Porsche running in terms of power to pull away like he did?

the car was fully gutted. not sure the setup..

My guess that porsche weighed 2500 lbs or less.

Also we are only running 6-10,11 psi at the track. 600 whp was made on 17 psi.

running the car at 600 whp on that gt35r will provide a lot of heat on track...

The nsx was catching him better on the long straights on other laps (only the warmup lap was recorded that session).

Last edited:
Back