• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Turbocharged NSX's How Many?

I manufacture Formula 1 inspired carbon-carbon twin disc clutches for high horsepower cars. I make one for the NSX and I am wondering how many high hp cars are out there.

Sounds like Rob Smith from RPS...I have a turbo CRX using the turboclutch. There are quite a few more supercharged nsx's then turbo's...same difference as far as a clutch goes though.

I would recommend rps clutches over anything I've tried which include - ACT with severel plates and disks, clutchmasters, and oem typer stock. Pedal pressure is as light as stock but grabs....not like stock. =)

------------------
jack of all trades, master of some.

Rob if this is you,

How's everything, this is Ken from Performance Factory NYC from back in the day, its been a while since we last spoke.

I will have to recommend RPS Turbo Clutches or the SS Supra Single Turbo manifolds to everyone, my girl friend use to run the Carbon Claw in her 4 door Civic in Girlie Girl circuit placing first on the East Coast in 97’& 98’and I use to use the same clutch in my Turbo Integra. His products have never let me down on race day.

Rob makes a great product and his customer support has always been great.

Hope everything is well again Rob. I hope you have a new clutch in design for the 6 speed soon for my future conversion.

Ken

------------------
1992 NSX #00015 w/Mod's
1993 Integra Turbo/DFI 550 hp (just sold)
1992 Civic 4 dr 300 hp NOS 97'98' Fastest East Coast G.G.(just sold)
1994 Delsol 350hp NOS
2000 TL w/Mod's new addition =)

"Just can't leave anything STOCK =)"

Ken Ichikawa
Newtyp Tuning

It will be cool to have another option for the clutch, especially Carbon-carbon clutch. Regardless if the NSX has power adders, it will still benefit from the carbon-carbon clutch. Of course it will be better if the price is reasonable as well.

Actually, there will be another option soon. It is a clutch from a famous Japanese maker. The clutch is a twin disc design capable of withstanding 550ft/lbs of torque. Pedal effort should be somewhere in between OEM and the Comptech. The first NSX clutch has already arrived and will be debuted at the Monthly NSXCA meeting at NSX Modified this Wednesday. ACR Motorsports is the official distributor/retailer for this clutch. It will also be available through authorized dealers. More info on this clutch will be available soon.

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
It will be cool to have another option for the clutch, especially Carbon-carbon clutch. Regardless if the NSX has power adders, it will still benefit from the carbon-carbon clutch. Of course it will be better if the price is reasonable as well.

[This message has been edited by ACR_Motorsports (edited 11 February 2002).]

[This message has been edited by ACR_Motorsports (edited 11 February 2002).]

The RPS Carbon-Carbon twin disc NSX clutch has a retail price of $2,995.00. This includes new flywheel, pressure plate, discs,
intermediate plate, and throwout bearing. If any one is interested, email me at [email protected] and I will send you some jpegs of the clutch.

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:

------------------
Rob Smith
RPS Performance Products

Hey Ken, it's been a while. Things are going great here, and I hope everything's OK in NY.
Check out my Carbon Series section at turboclutch.com for some pictures of our twin disc Carbon-Carbon clutch for the Supra's. We're holdiing over 900 hp to the ground.

Originally posted by newtyp:
Rob if this is you,

How's everything, this is Ken from Performance Factory NYC from back in the day, its been a while since we last spoke.

I will have to recommend RPS Turbo Clutches or the SS Supra Single Turbo manifolds to everyone, my girl friend use to run the Carbon Claw in her 4 door Civic in Girlie Girl circuit placing first on the East Coast in 97’& 98’and I use to use the same clutch in my Turbo Integra. His products have never let me down on race day.

Rob makes a great product and his customer support has always been great.

Hope everything is well again Rob. I hope you have a new clutch in design for the 6 speed soon for my future conversion.

Ken

------------------
Rob Smith
RPS Performance Products

I could have sworn I posted this before, but....

How does your clutch compare with the Tilton clutch that dali-racing sells? Besides being $1000 cheaper.

-Mike

Originally posted by grippgoat:
Mike, the Tilton clutch is a great road racing clutch. I is very small, measuring only 185mm and very light. This clutch was designed for road race cars where the designers wanted to lower the engine as far as possible in the car. The smaller the clutch and flywheel package, the lower you can go. The Tilton clutch is also very light, weighing in at well under 10lbs for the complete unit. Too light of a clutch and flywheel package on a street car can sometimes cause problems with the stock computer's ability to keep the engine from stalling. In an attempt to make the largest clutch possible (the larger the clutch, the more material there is to wear, so the longer the life) and not make the clutch too light, I choose to modify the factory NSX package. Acura did a fantastic job when they designed the factory unit. All I am doing is taking their great product and up-grading it to full carbon-carbon.

I could have sworn I posted this before, but....

How does your clutch compare with the Tilton clutch that dali-racing sells? Besides being $1000 cheaper.

-Mike

------------------
Rob Smith
RPS Performance Products

Back