• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turn Signal Cancel Switch Installation Issue

jdw

First time post, but I've been reading NSXPrime for a long time. I was hoping someone could help me with some information about the turn signal cancel switch installation.

Here's the story: Recently the "turn signal cancel" stopped working on both sides (we had a heat wave and the car sat in the garage the whole time. It was fairly hot in the garage. I think the heat caused the plastic to sweat or the lube in the turn signal cancel switch housing to liquify enough to put a film over the contacts. Per articles on NSXPrime, I removed the turn signal cancel unit and switch, cleaned the switch with alcohol and q-tips (the contacts were greasy) and was ready to reassemble.

Being very careful and meticulous, I reinstalled the turn signal cancel unit and switch. Went to test the turn signals before installing all the trim. Started the car and backed out of the garage. As soon as I turned the wheel, I heard a "snap" and observed a small square "U"-shaped piece of plastic land on the carpet near the driver's door. After that, every time I turned the wheel, I heard a couple of clicks and the turn signal cancel was still not working.

Best I can tell, the turn signal cancel switch did not properly seat into this square "U"-shaped channel it sits in, and when the wheel was turned, the steering cam pushed against the cancel switch and broke the lower channel off of the assembly.

Any thoughts on how I can remedy this without spending an arm and a leg? What part do I need to replace to fix the "broken bottom channel" so that the turn signal cancel switch will properly seat?

Since I've used BrianK in the past (EPS repair) I have sent him an email asking him directly.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

your gonna need to buy a used steering column and strip
that part out.

I think after the steering wheel is removed and all the upper and lower surrounding it slides out.

wow lots of work.

I doubt Honda sells it.

I say best is to buy a used column
and pratice taking it apart then your will be a pro taking yours apart.

found one on e-bay for 90 bucks. in the pic you can see the part you need. looks like it slide out after the wheel is removed

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Acura-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1c6391af&vxp=mtr

so buy this and remove what you need and sell the thing back on e-bay LOL

wheel2-1.png

good luck

Last edited:
Back