• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turn signals won't cancel!! help.

TyraNSX said:
By the way, this is on pdf pages 1163-1165 of the manual (makes it easier to find since you can just type in the page # at bottom of adobe acrobat window)
Little hint: Things have progressed a bit since this old thread was started. Nowadays we have that wonderful online shop manual from Mike where you don't have to download anything. You just type the search words directly in the page and get the results. Once again (for the 15th time I guess but it's worth it): Praise to Mike!

Bump from the dead.

This started happening to me since yesterday.
Does anyone in Norcal ever had this problem, and can help fix it?
It doesn't bother me too much, certainly not $400 to me, but if anyone has had experience fixing it, let me know.

I tried to unscrew the 7 screws this morning to attempt to fix it, but I couldn't remove the steering rack cover. I didn't want to force it.

Thanks in advance.

Resurrecting a really old thread here.

I just picked up a 1997 NSX and it's pretty solid, but, it's got a turn signal cancel issue. Everything is fine when the car comes out of the garage, but, if it's out in the sun and the interior gets hot, the turn signals don't cancel. Once I get the interior cooled down, they start working again. I assume that means the contacts are OK but the control unit gets mad in the heat. Do I need to replace the control unit?

Capacitors are temperature sensitive and the electronics on the NSX have known issues with ageing capacitors. You may be suffering from ageing capacitors in the cancellation control unit which are going way out of spec when the temperature is high. If you are feeling brave, you could remove the unit and open it up to see if you have any of the tell-tale signs of failing capacitors such as leaking electrolyte or bulged aluminum cans.

Use the search function to check for failing capacitors or leaking capacitors or capacitor replacement and you should find numerous threads discussing the topic. I don't think the turn signal cancellation unit has come up in the discussion - yet. But, I don't know why it should be immune (unless it doesn't have any electrolytic capacitors in it).

Failed solder joints can also be temperature sensitive, opening up as the temperature increases leading to non operation. The function is restored when things cool down. Again, only opening up the module and checking the solder connections with a magnifying glass will determine whether there are any fractures.

Capacitors are temperature sensitive and the electronics on the NSX have known issues with ageing capacitors. You may be suffering from ageing capacitors in the cancellation control unit which are going way out of spec when the temperature is high. If you are feeling brave, you could remove the unit and open it up to see if you have any of the tell-tale signs of failing capacitors such as leaking electrolyte or bulged aluminum cans.

Use the search function to check for failing capacitors or leaking capacitors or capacitor replacement and you should find numerous threads discussing the topic. I don't think the turn signal cancellation unit has come up in the discussion - yet. But, I don't know why it should be immune (unless it doesn't have any electrolytic capacitors in it).

Failed solder joints can also be temperature sensitive, opening up as the temperature increases leading to non operation. The function is restored when things cool down. Again, only opening up the module and checking the solder connections with a magnifying glass will determine whether there are any fractures.

Thanks for the info. My brother repairs electronics for a living so I'll recruit him to take a look at that module. He used to install custom stereos, alarms, and remote starters so .

It's not a huge deal since I can get them functional pretty quickly with the A/C.

Appreciate the help!

Matt

Back