• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turtle Wax

Hi all. Just polished my NSX. I have a 1991 black nsx; one owner and I have had it about a year. The previous owner was a Doctor and used the car as a daily driver. When I bought the car it had 90k. The car is super clean and extremely well maintained. Looks new! Except for the stone chips. I used the colored, black Turtle wax product and I wanted to say that it did a fantastic job on the stone chips. It didn’t make all of them disappear, but it made all of the small ones pretty much invisible. I recommend this product. Tomorrow I am going to wax the car with zymol.

[This message has been edited by show1nsx (edited 24 March 2003).]

I've used this too on my black ITR, and it looks good right after the job is done, BUT it doesn't last at all. One or two car washes later it's pretty much gone.

Maybe it works better with the wax on top of it?

that would be the same as was, it washes off over time, all wax does is mask the flaws in your paint.... i would definitely recomment to stay away from those color match waxes... overtime it will do more harm than good on the paint.. i used one of those before on my car and overtime the paint started to fade and lost its luster.

Those colored waxes work real well,pro detailers have used them for years,and I'm sure there are a few folks who have purchased clean used cars with 'good' paint only to find after a few washes inumerable pitting and road rash so common on the fronts of high milage dark cars.My advice when shopping for a used car is-be wary of the freshly detailed 'dripping with wax'car.

Back