• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Type-R Hood!

New NSX-R style hood just released. The duct has been designed to be compatible with the spare tire in place or removed.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/NA1_NSX-R_Style_Hood/

zanardi600.jpg

Cheers,
-- Chris

hey Chris,

How does this one differ from the Taitec as far as fitment, weight savings, and installation issues? Who makes this hood? How does the underside look? Is there piping for the vent? If it rains, is there something that channels or drains the water? Great price..

has anyone installed this on their car yet that can chime in on some of the questions or with their experience with this hood.

Last edited:
It looks to be the same hood from this thread

If so, I have this same hood on my car, and it's made by VIS. I will be posting comments in that thread.

Last edited:
omg LOL, thats HOT...... hahaha time to complete my Lo Mein Black NSX with Raw CF Type R wing with this Raw Unpainted Type R hood.... flame away :biggrin:

hi guys -- Yes, same hood. The quality is very good, especially for the price. It is a little heavier than most Japanese and Cantrell Studio hoods due to the heavy fiberglass construction, however, the fitment is excellent and the weave for the most part is uniform. I wish we could offer these for the old group buy pricing however that pricing is no longer available. Please let us know if you have any questions! We'll have more photos on the red car shortly.

Cheers,
-- Chris

i imagine it is reccomended to get hoody pins chris?

Back