• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tyres for my 1997 16 / 17 wheels

Been trying to p/m my buddy cmc140 but it won’t go through.
Just had spine surgery and while trying to heal up in Indy.
As before I need tyres and as we know Goodyear’s are gone and I don’t want Goodrich and want more wear than Re-10. Would kind of quiet and tread like the old Goodrich F-1s.
Any help?
Maybe from cmc140?

Cheers

What are your requirements? All Season, Summer (Extreme, Max, etc.), Winter?

If you step down to a 205/45R16 in the front you will have a larger selection. I actually purchased my NSX from Chris (CMC140) and as delivered it had 205/45R16 tires on the front. During the time they were on there I never had an issue with the TCS. The 205/45R16 specifications are very close to the 215/45R16.

Been trying to p/m my buddy cmc140 but it won’t go through.
Just had spine surgery and while trying to heal up in Indy.
As before I need tyres and as we know Goodyear’s are gone and I don’t want Goodrich and want more wear than Re-10. Would kind of quiet and tread like the old Goodrich F-1s.
Any help?
Maybe from cmc140?

Cheers

Take a look at the Hankook Ventus RS-4. They come in OEM size for the rears, the fronts don't come in OEM size but the 205/45/16 has a width of 213mm so it's damn near close. Both @Arkaid and @MexiRicer are running them.

Last edited:
Take a look at the Hankook Ventus RS-4. They come in OEM size for the rears, the fronts don't come in OEM size but the 205/45/16 has a width of 213mm so it's damn near close. Both @Arkaid (fronts and rears) and @MexiRicer (fronts) are running them.

Yup!! i HAVE 205/45/16 AND 255/40/17 RS-4. Took them for their first spin out in some nearby mountain passes and they performed well! I still do prefer the Ad08r but these are great for now.

I'm looking for stock OEM 16/17 all seasons as well but it looks like the choice is poor at the moment (BFGoodRich G-Force Rival S 1.5 and one other brand, both extreme summer tires). If I step the fronts down to 205/45/16 as discussed above, it looks like the Conti Xtreme Contact DWS06 becomes available for front and back. Does anyone have the actual width of this tire for the front? Is it closer to 205 or is it in the 210-215 range? Is there a way to find this information out somehow?

Is there a way to find this information out somehow?

Tirerack.com is your friend.

Capture.JPG

For reference a 215/45R16 has a section width of 8.3" and a tread width of 7.3".

Last edited:
I'm looking for stock OEM 16/17 all seasons as well but it looks like the choice is poor at the moment (BFGoodRich G-Force Rival S 1.5 and one other brand, both extreme summer tires). If I step the fronts down to 205/45/16 as discussed above, it looks like the Conti Xtreme Contact DWS06 becomes available for front and back. Does anyone have the actual width of this tire for the front? Is it closer to 205 or is it in the 210-215 range? Is there a way to find this information out somehow?

If I was going to put an A/S on the NSX, it would be the Gmax AS-05. Available for 16/17 if you step down to 205 in the front. The section width is 8.1"

If I was going to put an A/S on the NSX, it would be the Gmax AS-05. Available for 16/17 if you step down to 205 in the front. The section width is 8.1"
Interesting. I like the look of these and the price is incredibly good. Reviews are decent too. I assume you've tried them out on an NSX?

Where are the GMax AS-05 made? FR & SK? Looking at them vs. the Michelin AS4 in 17/18 sizes. AS4 are made in the US. I can get the GMax for $472 vs. $683 for the AS4.

Last edited:
Interesting. I like the look of these and the price is incredibly good. Reviews are decent too. I assume you've tried them out on an NSX?

No, on my 91 I used a dedicated set of summer tires and winter tires (Michelin X-ice 3). However, I know several of our local owners use the AS-05 and they find it well suited to Colorado's variable weather conditions while still performing well in the dry.

I'm in the same Tire predicament. Mostly stock 97, I have owned since 1998. I am ok with summer only tires, as this car is part of my collection, but it is driven more than most ;-)
I really prefer OE and may consider "stepping down" but would rather not. I was hoping Michelin made OE tires, but no such luck.

Who has tried the BF g-force Rivals S? Any good? What is the knock on them.

I will not (likely) be tracking the car or autocrossing the car. Just spirited country driving...

Thanks in advance!!

I'm in the same Tire predicament. Mostly stock 97, I have owned since 1998. I am ok with summer only tires, as this car is part of my collection, but it is driven more than most ;-)
I really prefer OE and may consider "stepping down" but would rather not. I was hoping Michelin made OE tires, but no such luck.

Who has tried the BF g-force Rivals S? Any good? What is the knock on them.

I will not (likely) be tracking the car or autocrossing the car. Just spirited country driving...

Thanks in advance!!

I really like Rivals S . Just slow down in heavy rain. Went through few sets and will buy again.

Back