• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ultimate balla / JDM wheels, money no object?, Post your vote and one picture please

I'm shopping for rims for both my s2000 and future NSX at the same time...haha

Been talking to a NSX buddy of mine on various Work, Wed and I really like the Volk "Gram Lights"....

So I wanted to ask you guys, if money was no object, what rims would you put on the NSX and why? I'm definitely going with the 18/19" route for the NSX since I will never track the car.

I ordered a Work / Brombacher custom VSSX setup for the GT3 which is scheduled to arrive any day now. Always had a special place in my heart for Work rims so please....

Post one pic and a reason why you are / would use these rims on your NSX! :)

thanks a million,
rick

I'm shopping for rims for both my s2000 and future NSX at the same time...haha

Been talking to a NSX buddy of mine on various Work, Wed and I really like the Volk "Gram Lights"....

So I wanted to ask you guys, if money was no object, what rims would you put on the NSX and why? I'm definitely going with the 18/19" route for the NSX since I will never track the car.

I ordered a Work / Brombacher custom VSSX setup for the GT3 which is scheduled to arrive any day now. Always had a special place in my heart for Work rims so please....

Post one pic and a reason why you are / would use these rims on your NSX! :)

thanks a million,
rick

Probably HRE 840R or speedlines or 17's NA2 Type R White. Rick what is your overall impressions with the 997, I know your is a GT3 amazing machine but your thoughts on early 997's?

Attachments

• Modenaside.JPG
    Modenaside.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,310
  • Modena840.JPG
    Modena840.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,023
  • Speedlines.JPG
    Speedlines.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 955
  • NsxTypeR.JPG
    NsxTypeR.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,216
IMHO: my HRE's are the ultimate wheel;

arfcompp1.jpg

Hamman not sure if these are photoshop or would fit NSX.

Attachments

• HammanNsx.jpg
    HammanNsx.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,709
Cannot go wrongw/ HRE's. Like theblack one above. Very clean looking. Here are some more. IMO they have some of the best designs and you can get a perfect fitment to any car due to the custom 3 piece design. Here is the old man's. :biggrin:

nsx_picassa.jpg

P1030583.JPG

Rick,
I think the color of your future NSX maybe also be a factor in selecting which wheel will best compliment your future NSX. So what color NSX are you thinking of?

These?
spinners.gif

or wadda ya think?
main.jpg

Or Corvette wheels maybe...
main.jpg

Rick,
I think the color of your future NSX maybe also be a factor in selecting which wheel will best compliment your future NSX. So what color NSX are you thinking of?

You're 110% right, the only colors I am considering is White (first choice, Yellow (2nd choice) or Silver (3rd choice).... :)

I'm looking at a socal yellow one a few other on Prime. It's hard to chose since NA1 very nicely modded vs. NA2 modded or NA2 stock

Really feeling those HRE "blade" wheels and the BBS LM's are classis but this time around I'm trying to move away from a stepped lip wheel like my Meisters. Seems HRE has a good following here just as with the P-car guys and just wondering if anyone here has bought their new Monoblock P40 rim yet?

NSXFRIEND: I don't really have much experince with P-cars as the GT3 is my first Porsche. I've driven the Carrera 4s and 2s as well as the Targa (sliding glass roof) and the Targa is the only one I would never buy just because that top rattles and creaks over almost any surface. It's cool to have the glass roof but the wind noise is crazy that I'll just buy a cabrio if that is what I wanted. The 4S wide-body drives really nice and I would probably never go faster than that car allows but I do like the sound of the GT3 engine at WOT. If the 4S is like a race car with great handling, the GT3 is like a Surgeon's scapel (best way I can describe it) and on steroids :)

FeetFxr: Sweet ride, love that stance! :)

Keep those pics coming..........

rick

Hamman not sure if these are photoshop or would fit NSX.
My car, i did the PS and they dont fit - believe me I've checked. Selected BMW, Ferrari and Porsches only. :frown:

EDIT: I wonder how much headache I've given Hamann with that chop? :tongue:

Rick - I prefer HREs. Ive run 445R, 542R, 545R, 547R on my last 4 toys, although I like Work as well.

Pic of 542Rs on my murdered out 993TT
993tt_after.jpg

For my NSX i went back to stepped-lip. Heres a close-up of the HRE C20s on my NSX :smile:
myC20.jpg

I'd love to trade my 05 NA2 wheels for the 02+ NSX-Rs, but that would open up a whole new can of worms in terms of driveability/theft. Right now, I can park my 05 anywhere and the only thing that would get stolen is the whole car. But if I had a kick ass stereo, or $6000 Brembos, or very expensive rims -- the car would attract that much more attention from people looking to make a buck.

Since I drive mine a lot (or did, before putting it in storage in the States), I can't have a bunch of nonsense making the car even more of a target. Sux but that's reality, IMO.

Rick - I prefer HREs. Ive run 445R, 542R, 545R, 547R on my last 4 toys, although I like Work as well.
QUOTE]

Paul, didn't you see my rule of one picture per vote? hahaha

Yes I know you are a big balla with those HRE's - now stop tempting me with pics of your NSX!!!! :tongue:

can't wait to see baby pics with that "2nd" baby :)

I'm going to add this Work GTV pic from a thread that supranv posted.....this would look awesome on a white or yellow car in gun-metal:

7wzvitf.jpg

rick

QUOTE]

Paul, didn't you see my rule of one picture per vote? hahaha

Yes I know you are a big balla with those HRE's - now stop tempting me with pics of your NSX!!!! :tongue:

can't wait to see baby pics with that "2nd" baby :)

I'm going to add this Work GTV pic from a thread that supranv posted.....this would look awesome on a white or yellow car in gun-metal:

7wzvitf.jpg

rick

thats my buddy Todd's...and they are VOLK GTV's:redface:

BTW, Volks are the shiznit!!!!

Design is personal opinion and since you asked, diameter, well placed offsets and tire profile are key to a nice looking wheel on a car(also height of the car in relation to the wheel):smile:

Any concept art, has this, compared to what is released in the street(oem).

Pic of 542Rs on my murdered out 993TT

This a good example, i don't like the design of those wheels but on your black porsche you have them set up just right (including brakes/rotors) and it looks beautiful.

Back