• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ultimate Factories : R8

Saw that and was going to watch it tonight but for some reason the discovery channel on FIOS has been totally screwed up so have to wait till discovery is back.

That's a damn effective commercial for Audi. Last night while watching I was ready to sign the papers to buy one. The oil pumps on the sides on the motor (as opposed to having a bulky and fragile oil pan hanging from the bottom) in order to lower it's cog was interesting.

I too was gonna post a heads up on both shows makes me wanna go out and buy a bug:cool: The r8 process aint too shaby iether.

As many of you know I've been seriously contemplating selling my nSX for a newer v10 R8.

Last night as I drove my the Audi dealer, I saw something that made me make a u-turn and go inside. They had 2 R8 v10 spyders (black 6-speed manual) and a special order maroon R8 v10 spyder in R-tronic)

But the car that caught my eye was what looked like a white R8 v10 coupe. As I walked up to the car I realized it was NOT Ibis white but rather a special order slate grey color. The manager tells me its the ONLY one in existence and *gasp, it's an actual 6-speed MANUAL gearbox! I was in love with the car and going back there this week to test drive it. I think I found my next ride...hehe Option wise it was perfect, CF side-blade and audi exclusive CF side mirrors. I didn't have my camera last night but will take some pictures when I go back. Dealer was asking $165k which is pretty reasonable for such a sweet ride :biggrin:

rick

one of the recent supercar showdowns on speed had the v10 r8 vs the lfa and it was a split 2-2...

Back