• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Um...Why is this car worth so much?

well my 1992 with 120K+ miles is worth 3.3Million dollars to me.

any one want to buy it?

I know it will be on the market for centuries though with that price. LOL​

what I am getting at is anyone can ask any price but will it sell at that NO.

I would say it would sell for maybe the low 30's

Last edited:
Always "slays me" when someone's first post here on NSX Prime is their for sale add. Feel used. :frown:

true value and asking price can have no strong correlation.The market determines selling price.From a marketing perspective the seller has already garnered a spin off thread form his for sale thread with a high asking.Bonus for him since the fs adds cant' be bumped for 1 month,so this thread could be up top all day...so to speak......In the end its a 28k car.

Well the ad does say "OBO". Nothing wrong with being optomistic just as long as they're realistic as to what it will actually fetch.

true value and asking price can have no strong correlation.The market determines selling price.From a marketing perspective the seller has already garnered a spin off thread form his for sale thread with a high asking.Bonus for him since the fs adds cant' be bumped for 1 month,so this thread could be up top all day...so to speak......In the end its a 28k car.

My sentiments exactly. +1

Honestly i see this quite a lot, over optimistic owners thinking they own a gold mine.
A week ago i ran into a Porsche in fair condition need some work to get back up to standard, fair enough i like a project finally the owner contacts with a asking price well over 2x market value.

I laughed wished him a pleasant day and left.

There is a really thing line between optimistic and realistic.

I think the owner's BAC factors in... :D

Maybe he's desparate and needs $48K, but his needs are not a buyer's problem.

PLUS, it's missing the front spare! That should ding about $5K off the price. LOL!

Last edited:
Always "slays me" when someone's first post here on NSX Prime is their for sale add. Feel used. :frown:

Me too Neal, it makes me feel dirty.

So as to the thread's question, the answer is because it is his first
post.

It shouldn't. I see it differently. I'd rather see an NSX on sale on prime than at a random shady dealer. The greater the chance the car is purchased by a prime member is, the greater the chance it will be treated right.

The car does look very clean but it's basically the price of a 2003-ish, which is ridiculous

It shouldn't. I see it differently. I'd rather see an NSX on sale on prime than at a random shady dealer. The greater the chance the car is purchased by a prime member is, the greater the chance it will be treated right...

I don't agree. I think it's crap to come to Prime to use it only to market their vehicle having made no contrbution with to the knowledge base, sense of community or sponsorship.

Asking a preposterous price to boot and yes I see OBO. Sh*t, at least lurk a while, get a feel for the market and by association the community and maybe make some contribution and maybe they even keep the car.

Nope, just join and list. On Oakley Forum you have to make 10 posts and wait 10 days to just to see the exchange forum.

We're allowed to feel differently though!

It does say "or best offer".
Yes, in Canada good quality NSXs will go for up to 10k more than in the US. It has to do with the fact they are way more rare in Canada.
Pretty good considering the exchange rate is par or better these days.

Hmmm...so let's start buying US NSXs and then go sell them in Canada!

I agree that one should have some sort of contributing interaction invested on the forum before being allowed to post ads.

Without that, we're open to "Honest John Gypo - 'we tote the note' used car dealer" scoundrels listing on here.

You know, those scum that buy a salvage titled or flood-damaged car at auction, clean up the car...not to mention having the title "cleaned", do some touch-up painting or a quick re-spray, drench the engine bay in 'Armor-All', vacuum the carpets into neat little "lines", roll back the mileage, then offer it as a "cream-puff".

They think, "Oh...an NSX forum! I can sell this NSX here!"

^^ +1

Funny thing is that in canada I see nsx's similar to that priced like that all the time

Yes, in Canada good quality NSXs will go for up to 10k more than in the US. It has to do with the fact they are way more rare in Canada.
Pretty good considering the exchange rate is par or better these days.

Eh, some nort o da borter currency talk goin' on? Cut it out, I want to visit ONTARIO soon and not pay extra for my dollars! :smile:

It has to do with the fact they are way more rare in Canada.

Not really. It has more to do with the import tariff regulations maintaining the spread between the two markets. When I imported mine I had to pay RIV ($295), 5 percent federal tax ($2500), 6 percent duty ($3000), brokerage fees ($250), DRL install (free DIY, $500 at dealer), out of province inspection ($150), in-transit permit ($70). And that is on top of shipping ($1800) which BTW is more or less break even to picking it up. So subtotal - add ~ $8500 in additional cost to the price of the vehicle, assuming I am not forgetting anything

Just wanted to make sure this wasn't Chevy Chase's car or something along those lines in it's history that might make it worth more to a collector...OR if the seller is just delirious, LOL!

Back