• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Umbrella AD/Ravi

Ravi is the man!

I had some issues since the summertime with used parts I purchased I have yet to resolve. Not sure whats going on with him, but all I can suggest is to stay on top of him by calling and Emailing him.

I had some issues since the summertime with used parts I purchased I have yet to resolve. Not sure whats going on with him, but all I can suggest is to stay on top of him by calling and Emailing him.

Edited: Ravi personally called me and we took care of the situation. He is very busy man; be patience with him. But he does face his problem head on and I can appreciate that coming from my own personal business background.

Give him a call guys!

Last edited:
Guys, if you need to get intouch, call my cell 206 229 7856

Pikko, email responded
Jay, email responded
Jeff, drop me a line if you have any issue
Qieu, been awaiting your final list of needed parts.

Thanks!

Ravi

Just some small issues I encountered while having two cars up at his shop:

Once upon a time,

- Paid for items as he needed payment promptly.... long story short some the items either had excuse after excuse, delays or was set on back burner. He emailed me apologizing as I was getting irritated after many months had past. Parts IE: Cups paid and weren't installed till many moons later, rear sorcery valence payment rushed and had some sort of excuse of shipping delays after being strung along... list can can get quite large.

- He takes on too much for a one man show (when my car was up there)

- Fender liners were suppose to be created using my OEM fenders. Received plastic sheets. Never understood, was overcharged for plastic sheets I googled for significantly less!!! HE had to pay me back for my OEM parts because they were apparently destroyed IE, Front bumper, fenders, mirrors to be sold and credited to the build. :confused:

- Never received any invoice or receipts from his work. Good cover Ravi!!!

- He had to re-order me new headlights as he said he was modifying my new ones without consent carbon overlay. Enlighten the real story..

- Several months later I had to wait for my front bumper after my car was shipped back. Bottom lip was garbage.. Did not cover the lower bottom acting as an under tray.

- Requested and paid for labor to adjust my right rear quarter to my bumper, came back still un-aligned with spray can primer tiger stripes like the whole front end. Crap!!!:mad:

- Received my OEM hood and vinny marga side skirts back scratched pretty good (skirt was cracked pretty good. Still the same till today (hood).

- Windshield returned cracked on the drivers corner (spoke to the delivery driver) it was indicated cracked prior to leaving from his premises during load up. Called him and he returned text saying he knew nothing of it. BS

- Door switch plates and door handles returned non existent. Had to request for parts missing. Apparently I had to pick from a line up of OEM handles he numbered to fill in the gap, he noted my door switch plate had carbon lift after many moons of waiting and being rushed payment. FYI my old switch plates showed up in the mail as the same way they arrived at his shop.

- Excuse as he had to pull in more work to pay for his rent, bills etc. Understandable, but after so long and being told otherwise till he emailed me after my initial email upset. Communication is key to any build. Hope none of the other GTR owners or lambo owners etc had this issue. Especially CUP kit waiting like I had to endure.

- For what it's worth IMHO he can't meet a deadline but string you along to keep quiet. We had a total of 7 different deadline postponements because of delays.

Too much to list over the few years he had my car while overseas. I chose a shop to complete a car, paid good money. In the end all the money spent was a waste as I had to redo the entire car myself personally and come through the wiring issues with my dash lights not working, sorcery panel fitment, missing items from the front bumper, hardware etc etc etc etc etc etc etc...

- After all the work that was performed I pulled the car from him unfinished due to buttered promises that sounded honest in the beginning. After three shops I thought I found a winner... I was wrong. FYI, the other two shops dealt with, I had spoken to and to this day are fellow Primers I have no issues with and have helped many months later.

I have spoken to many other OG Prime members who fell victim as well. All I can say is if the part is not on hand or your enticed by his knowledge of the nsx or charismatic way. You been warned.

I am now enjoying my hard work, done by yours truly...:biggrin: I am not one to bad mouth a shop, slander or provide prime with such a negative rep towards a vendor or anyone, after biting my tongue and enjoying a car after 6+ years of non drivability, many would understand.:mad:

The End.

Last edited:
Bugger, been waiting waaaay too long for my steering wheel from ravi.
This just backs up my experience exactly, i have lots of empty promises kept all the emails to back that comment up.
Was really hoping he actually may come through but after reading that.....

Bugger, been waiting waaaay too long for my steering wheel from ravi.
This just backs up my experience exactly, i have lots of empty promises kept all the emails to back that comment up.
Was really hoping he actually may come through but after reading that.....

Have him provide his process IE: tooling materials used, brand, vaccuum bagging equipment, proof with pics he is doing it and not outsourcing through CHINA or some other place that does good work. Ensure it is your wheel being worked on and not someone else or some other project as a scapegoat. I would really recommend this to anyone looking to have work done not but Umbrella but any shop.

***I have to APOLOGIZE to the Primers if you have been duped after my project had left. Just a note fellas I am being nice as I feel I have done him a great undeserved favor of not saying anything as soon as the Sorcery project returned. We had another NSX at his shop which made dealing already that more sensitive. I may have my brother provide input.:biggrin:

Cheers

I will post up my experience with Ravi here in a while, but in a nutshell, Ravi is a Matchstick Man. I had never dealt with a con-artist before, but he is a pro. A lot of people like him; good for them. He still has my BRS wide body, my custom hard top, my Japan sourced wheels, etc. that I paid untold thousands for. It's a long story, but I actually ended up with a different NSX than I sent him. Remember my convertible NSX? I paid Ravi untold thousands to build a hard top for it, which was never done. I ended up selling him that NSX for $12G just so I could get another NSX in time to attend NSXPO'07, which I was hosting.

Oh, and for all you guys who love your Umbrella VRH kit that you bought from him, you can thank me for that. I sent him Japan sourced Roberuta Cups to install on my NSX. He stole the design, marketed it as his own, and the rest is history.

I will say this. Whomever Ravi has who actually DOES do his work does a fantastic job. I would love to know who he outsources to, because they do great work. But I will never again deal with the John Hennessy of the NSX world.

And I would like to officially apologize to John Hudak. You tried to warn me brother, but I didn't listen. Years and 10s of thousands of dollars lost, I ended up the fool.

I wish I had listened to John also AKA John@Microsoft and a few others.:redface:

I am curious on the outsource also, middle men parts changers who scalp and overcharge:mad:. I have to say I was duped pretty good by the complexity of his knowledge on the phone and willingness to show better (NOT). I don't say he does not know about tear downs of NSX's but the actual work performed is the key here along with the customer service.

Last edited:
Hi,

well... never bought anything from him, but a long time ago, when his CF overlay was on it's peak, i asked him how much would cost to CF overlay a set of 02+ OEM wheels center caps...i mean, it's 4 little flat circles....$800, $200/each and no paypal, wire transfer only.....

not to mention that he wanted more money for used OEM parts than they costed new (interior A and B pillar trim) and when i told him that, he said that his prices were not up to debate...

well....i think his skeletons are starting to get out of the closet now....

Nuno

Telling my story is like admitting that I am a gullible idiot. I don't care to talk about how I gave ~$40,000 to someone who held my car hostage. It's embaracing.

well we have all done things we wish some people never hear about so dont sweat it, i have had some great dealings with people here on Prime and after reading some reviews on Ravi with his? VRH kit i thought why not i will get that show piece steering wheel, wish i had just purchased something basic of SOS or local, its like Dali all over again but this guy does respond to emails but he just never fronts with the goods

Took him two months to ship me an OEM spare wheel which he supposedly had "in stock". Oh well...

I have had a major problem with Ravi going on 2 years now. He has made a bit of an effort to make it right, sort of. He has responded, but not rectified. I will leave it at that for the moment.

while i understand what you are saying; i wouldn't be that hard on yourself.

i have had seen something similar (a very large some of money paid in full and upfront; leading to a very important product held hostage for years). it was always just good natured, genuine and trusting people getting screwed over. it's sad to see this hear on prime i have seen this sort of thing in my industry time and time again.

i wouldn't blame this on yourself at all; and ESPECIALLY not if it if the truth has come out that it has happened to many others.

Telling my story is like admitting that I am a gullible idiot. I don't care to talk about how I gave ~$40,000 to someone who held my car hostage. It's embaracing.

I had a few questions about my kit and he is pretty responsive to email, when I give him the correct email address......oops. My bad

I found out that he had the correct address all along. I've had to rebuild my VRH kit several times. Shoddy workmanship and non existing customer service. I still remember when I originally posted in this thread after trying to get a hold of Ravi for months with no return calls or emails. I got a call from Ravi and he was furious. "Why are you talking shit about me on Prime?" he said. I was like, "I just posted that I haven't been able to get a hold of you."

He said the reason I didn't hear from him was because he had the wrong email address. I had left him numerous emails and voicemails so I'm not really sure how that's possible. He has no doubt fled the NSX scene where he is highly disliked and has lost his credibility. Good riddance I say. Take that shit elsewhere.

.............why bother when a reputable fellow sells the Ilift.....

.............why bother when a reputable fellow sells the Ilift.....

Because some people rather save a few $ and take a chance with a crook then buy from a legit and honest person like Steven Lee... The ilift is such a great kit, I wish I could grab one.

I also can't believe that Ravi is still around. I read about bad experiences on here but they then go off the forum. It seems that all bad experiences and sellers/con artists/two bit joes scamming people take to Facebook after they are run off the website. Just another reason Facebook is a joke and the Nsxprime moderators are in a league of their own.

With all of these seemingly legitimate complaints, why does he have a 100% feedback score?

This is one of the first things potential customers see. Those that do their due diligence might uncover this thread, but that feedback score posted underneath everyone's username is the most obvious.

Without naming names, I once gave a well-respected vendor on this forum a negative feedback score. I think to date it is still the only one. I struggled doing it since I don't believe they are evil or anything, but I decided to post it to warn others of my particular experience. I think we owe it to each other to give honest, fair reviews that may help others know what to potentially expect.

Dave

Back