• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial Big-Wheel Thread: 18/18 and 18/19 - the future for NSX tire sizes

I'm putting these on the 2000. So it sounds like the 265 is the theoretical better fit. Anyone know real world outside diameter of the PSS in any of these sizes?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I have a theory that going a little big on the rear is preferable. That way you are more within the desired range as the rear tires wear faster than the fronts, and as the rear tires start to slip, you should get a larger window before TCS engages.

NEVERMIND, Found some pics.....I'm currently looking to purchase these wheels... Do you have pics with them installed?? Thank You! -DREW-
So it looks like in the end, I'm going to do a custom wide body on my car. A few things fell in to place to allow it to happen and it just solves a lot of problems (and I like the looks). Gonna go with 245/35-18 and 305/30-19. Based on my calculations that gives me a ration of 1.059 which, is somewhat acceptable I think for my NA1 NSX. These wheels are on their way.. and should fit the tires fine:

I'll also be getting a set of "show" wheels as well for daily driving that will be sponsored as the car may be going to SEMA if it can be done on time. Trying to make a car good for a show and good for the track is not easy, but I'm up for the challenge.

Last edited:
Quick update on my Pilot Sport Cup 2s in 225/40-18 and 275/35-19 (on 8.5 +44/9.5 +35). it's a great upgrade.. I'm loving what the PSC2s do to a NSX.

I still have rear liners, fronts now have spray-on liner. I added 5mm front spacers to help with the rubbing at full lock, maybe it helped a little but anyway the fit looks flusher with them. I haven't beat on the chassis yet for clearance at full lock.. eventually I'd like some sort of steering stop too. And for me anyway the pinch weld is fine without smacking on it.

I finally had a track day at Inde and the -3deg up front was terrific. I noticed my rear tires got much hotter than the front, and I don't drive at all like Chris Harris :smile: .

Hi, I'm currently looking at options for either an 18/18 or 18/19 setup. My NSX is stock body on Bilsteins set at lower perch. I have OEM O2 17's with 15/25 spacers

The rims you have in the below "looked like this yesterday" photos I really like the look of ... Would you be kind enough to share make/model/sizes and offsets, together with which tyres you have please

Thanx, Paul

Probably not me. Mine is red with silver wheels. Looked like this until yesterday. I just put back on my 18/19 Enkeis.
13531824_295768707435633_775941224_n.jpg

Reviving an important thread after finally getting my car back!

Front: 235/40-18 on a 18x8.5+39
Rear: 275/35-18 on a 19x10 +29 (+35 in the first 2 picture)
Downforce 6mm front fenders, 8mm rear fenders.

40 rear.jpg
42 front.jpg
43 IMG_20200911_111412 E.jpg
41 IMG_20200912_115010 E.jpg

Looking good. What suspension?

I'm amazed by the size upfront!
Doesn't it rub everywhere?

You've been around long enough, you should know the car has KW ClubSports.

Still doing testing and seeing what's needed to make it work. I would suggest a 225/40-18 over the 235/40-18.

...and you know I ask rhetorical ?'s for the many casual readers who do not ....

Other than the wider fenders, any other modifications required? Did a quick search on tire options and there is a large selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am running 215/275 35/18s all around. No rubbing. No TCS.

I am thinking of increasing the sidewall to 40 all around to help with the harsh ride. I am running KWV3s at the moment too.

Based on Ken's calculator and % explanation, I shouldn't trigger TCS with the increase to 40. But...will they fit under the car with liners? I sure hope so.

I am running 215/275 35/18s all around. No rubbing. No TCS.

I am thinking of increasing the sidewall to 40 all around to help with the harsh ride. I am running KWV3s at the moment too.

Based on Ken's calculator and % explanation, I shouldn't trigger TCS with the increase to 40. But...will they fit under the car with liners? I sure hope so.
I don't have front liners and will be going to a 245/35-18 front on a 9-9.5" front wheel. the "40" sidewall rubs the inner chassis at full lock, and will rub over bumps if you're really low. I raised the car 0.5" and no longer rub, but I want the car lower so need to go down on tire diameter.

If you don't mind your car sitting higher or rubbing at 1/2-3/4 lock (just the inner chassis, its not bad), then try 40 sidewalls...but for most I would not recommend it.

Amazing info here. Curious for a little help on a current rear setup I plan on running.

18x10.5 +38. What’s the ideal tire setup for the street with a 1 to 1.5 gap with the rear fender? I don’t want to compromise rolling my fenders or giving up my liners. Should I settle for a less aggressive offset?

Back