• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Upgrade from Bridgestone Potenza RE010 to RE11 or something else?

After skimming through various posts, Bridgestone Potenza RE11's (205/45R16 and 245/40R17) sound like a good upgrade from the stock RE010's (205/45-16 and 245/40-17). If you've had them, what did you think of them and how long did they last?

I've enjoyed the RE010's, but only get 3K out of the back tires. I get 12-15K out of the front and they all need replacing, so now's a good time to consider switching. The backs wear fairly evenly, except that the inside edge wears a bit more quickly, due to the (factory?) suspension setup.

I'm fine with a summer tire, and want good, spirited street performance with good grip. No track time... I don't really want to downgrade performance or increase road noise for longer tread life. The car won't see snow, rarely sees rain and occasionally makes a decent road trip (hence the concern about road noise.) I don't care to change tire sizes that much, since the car is stock. Price isn't that important to me.

Comments? What other tires should I consider?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
This one's easy, because you provide this critical piece of information about your preferences:

I don't really want to downgrade performance or increase road noise for longer tread life.
Since you care about performance, you should get one of the three "extreme performance summer tires" which come in 16"/17" sizes for the NSX:

Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 205/45-16 and 245/40-17
Kumho Ecsta XS 215/45-16 and either 245/40-17 or 255/40-17
Falken Azenis RT-615K 215/45-16 and 255/40-17

All offer outstanding grip on dry pavement. On wet pavement, the RE-11 is better than the other two. Also, since you also don't want increased road noise, go with the RE-11, which is the quietest of the three. So the choice is easy. Get the RE-11.

All offer outstanding grip on dry pavement. On wet pavement, the RE-11 is better than the other two. Also, since you also don't want increased road noise, go with the RE-11, which is the quietest of the three. So the choice is easy. Get the RE-11.

Cool - thanks for the information!

Back