• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Powertrain Used 1990 Automatic Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone's been waiting with bated breath for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own my used low-mileage stock automatic transmission removed from my 1990 JDM NSX for a transmission swap to manual.

The transmission had no issues when removed, all shifts were smooth, confident, supple, whatever good adjectives you want. I don't have fluid service history on it but have pics of the fluid drained during removal.

It had no leaks or stripped bolt threads when removed; I'd recommend new driveshaft seals for preventative maintenance before reinstallation. I cleaned up the case for pictures. Splines are taped, driveshaft holes are plugged, and ATF cooler is covered for protection.

Specs:
1990/1991 model year
45,928 mi/73,914 km when removed
S/N: MR9A-1000174, snap ring not applicable to A/T's
New NC/NM speed sensors, new aftermarket VSS will be installed before sale (old one was failing from heat)

Will include the transmission assy, torque converter, drive plate & cover, shifter cover, and associated hardware for plug-and-play install. Think about it, you could be the first ever manual to auto swap, or more likely use this as a spare for when your auto clutch packs start slipping. Maybe a base for a custom coffee table or eccentric wall ornament?

Local pickup in the SE USA greatly preferred, LTL freight shipping runs from $200-300 and is a pain in the ass for all involved but I'll make it happen. I have other A/T parts (engine mounts, shift cable, base, etc.) if you're interested too.

Asking $1,500 plus shipping from Atlanta, GA. I've priced a bit low for what I believe market should be to get it out of my storage space faster, but willing to negotiate especially for local pickup or for those that compliment my car :wink:. PM or post a reply and I can send my email. Thanks for looking!

IBK9OWM.jpg

pWVEak8.jpg

1rG84n8.jpg

hTMlRF5.jpg

X9WwpZV.jpg

ZOPIJkr.jpg

Fluid drained from torque converter
x08fmdr.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back