• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Powertrain Used 1990 Automatic Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone's been waiting with bated breath for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own my used low-mileage stock automatic transmission removed from my 1990 JDM NSX for a transmission swap to manual.

The transmission had no issues when removed, all shifts were smooth, confident, supple, whatever good adjectives you want. I don't have fluid service history on it but have pics of the fluid drained during removal.

It had no leaks or stripped bolt threads when removed; I'd recommend new driveshaft seals for preventative maintenance before reinstallation. I cleaned up the case for pictures. Splines are taped, driveshaft holes are plugged, and ATF cooler is covered for protection.

Specs:
1990/1991 model year
45,928 mi/73,914 km when removed
S/N: MR9A-1000174, snap ring not applicable to A/T's
New NC/NM speed sensors, new aftermarket VSS will be installed before sale (old one was failing from heat)

Will include the transmission assy, torque converter, drive plate & cover, shifter cover, and associated hardware for plug-and-play install. Think about it, you could be the first ever manual to auto swap, or more likely use this as a spare for when your auto clutch packs start slipping. Maybe a base for a custom coffee table or eccentric wall ornament?

Local pickup in the SE USA greatly preferred, LTL freight shipping runs from $200-300 and is a pain in the ass for all involved but I'll make it happen. I have other A/T parts (engine mounts, shift cable, base, etc.) if you're interested too.

Asking $1,500 plus shipping from Atlanta, GA. I've priced a bit low for what I believe market should be to get it out of my storage space faster, but willing to negotiate especially for local pickup or for those that compliment my car :wink:. PM or post a reply and I can send my email. Thanks for looking!

IBK9OWM.jpg

pWVEak8.jpg

1rG84n8.jpg

hTMlRF5.jpg

X9WwpZV.jpg

ZOPIJkr.jpg

Fluid drained from torque converter
x08fmdr.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back