• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Powertrain Used 5 Speed Transmission S/N:J4A4-1003404 for sale $1000 + shipping

Used 5 speed transmission for sale serial number J4A4-1003404 (not in snap ring range). Came off my 1991 NSX with 104K miles on it. Transmission can be used as-is but grinds going into 3rd, if shifting is done quickly. I used it for 20K miles in this condition and it's drivable you just have to be aware of your shifting speed when going into third. I really hope someone buys this and rebuilds it or builds it up for a high powered NSX :). Reason I'm selling this transmission is that I upgraded to a 6 speed transmission since my dream was always to have a 6 speed coupe. Now I have no need for this transmission.

I emptied as much of the fluids out of the transmission as I could. I've boxed the transmission up and used insulation foam+padding foam to make it sit safely in the box (I was able to roll it on its side and the transmission sat in their pretty steady, no abrupt movements inside). Ready to ship anytime after payment has been received.

Asking $1000 + shipping for it in as is condition.

Transmission condition pics

Wrapped transmission in two black bags

Duct taped it shut so no foam could get in.

Transmission in box with padding but no insulation foam.

Transmission in box foamed up and sealed.

Last edited:
Back