• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Used CompTech SuperCharger

Wanted - used CompTech supercharger. Any of you lucky Bash-o-holics looking to justify the leap please drop me a note.

[email protected]

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

More specifically - I am looking for 6lb or 9lb kit, 3.0L, non targa top.

Will pay up to $3500 for a 6lb or $4000 for a 9lb kit - depending on condition.

I am looking for the same thing. Was wondering if you had had any reponses or if price is the issue. Do you have any basis for your requested price range?
Was also wondering if the early kits are as good or easily upgradable.
Thanks.

Be very careful on a used kit where you don't know the seller. I know in my area, where a lot of early kits were installed, they all seemed to come in different from the one before it. Must have been a lot of in field testing going on. I was also told that when an upgrade or change was made, Comptech wouldn't provide it at n/c even if it was within 30 days of the install. The early kits also had you modify your intake manifold, something that never appealed to me. One last thing, be sure you can talk with someone who is knowledgeable during and after the install. The NSX is more difficult to supercharge then some other cars (although the pre-OBDII cars are easier. My 99 took some tweaking but now runs like it came from the factory, ONLY FASTER:)!

Basis for my price is my budget, the cost of a new one, and the information I have on competing products. Others that have more budget and/or know that they have to have the CompTech are willing to pay more.

Most of the ones I have seen for sale are not from people upgrading but more people putting their cars back to stock for selling.

At this point I will be waiting for another 6-12 months to see what competitive products develop and how existing products mature.

Hey Barn Man - I hear you.

OK - I will up my offer by $50 and wait by the email / phone.

waiting...

still waiting...

still still waiting...

smile.gif

Seriously - my first St. Louis winter is near with the NSX as my daily driver and I don't see myself needing boost for a long while.

Who knows - maybe next spring/summer there will be some new, less expensive, and kick butt F.I. options for us "got to go faster then stock" types.

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Originally posted by matteni:
Hey Barn Man - I hear you.

OK - I will up my offer by $50 and wait by the email / phone.

waiting...

still waiting...

still still waiting...

smile.gif

Seriously - my first St. Louis winter is near with the NSX as my daily driver and I don't see myself needing boost for a long while.

Who knows - maybe next spring/summer there will be some new, less expensive, and kick butt F.I. options for us "got to go faster then stock" types.

I was up with Barnman last weekend and he told me that your in the market for FI. I'm thinking of selling mine. If you want to know the condition, Barnman saw it first hand. I can also find some pics if desired. However, for a SC that's not even a year old, 4K is too low. Oops. I mean $4,050.00 is too low
biggrin.gif
Let me know if your intrested.

V/R,

------------------
Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

[This message has been edited by Attitude Adjuster (edited 08 October 2002).]

Back