• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

V8 - V6

V8 <-> V6

I was told today by the NSX tech at Superior Acura that he read about 2 trim levels for the HSC. One would include the 6-cylinder engine and the other would include a 4-liter V8.

I don't know how much stock to put in this; but, if it is true.......

I am not concern about the V8 one bit, I will take a 3.5l with 350hp please.

I think that makes less sense than having a V6 base and a V6 Twin Turbo option.

But it sure would be nice to have a V8 :)

I think it is a mistake to offer two engines. If you are going to have a V8, just put in the V8 and forget about the V6. I would hate to be the owner of a V8 HSC only to have someone down the street buy the V6 version for a lot cheaper and basically have the same looking car. Kind of like the 2.5TL vs the 3.2TL, or getting the C5 and doing a little cosmetic upgrades and looking like a Z06. If the HSC really is the next NSX, it should be the flagship car. Do you really want a top dog flagship car with the V8 and then a "mini me" flagship car with the V6? I'll be happy with a 350 V6, but just put one or the other engine in it, not both.

Last edited:
Two engines?!?!? :confused:
Does anyone else do this?

i second <B>ChrisK's</B> point -- the V8 owner would hate to see another owner with a cheaper V6. Unless of course it was clearly marked "V6 cheapo HSC" on the back; sorta like a Boxster compared to against a 911 Turbo. ;)

I think the sweetest idea would be a V8 that can have some cylinders switched off...
      OFF = S2000 performance,
      ON = BIG-DADDY-OF-ALL-HONDAS PERFORMANCE! :D :D

Honda could even have a red NOS-like button to kick these cylinders in. :cool: ah, my imagination is running away on me....

NeoNSX said:
Two engines?!?!? :confused:
Does anyone else do this?
Yes it's not uncommon.

The MB SL has a V6 (in europe), a V8 (NA), V8 (SC), V12 tt, V12 tt (larger).

Porsche 911 has 4 different engines. Entry level to supercar

BMW I6, V8, and V12 in the same car.

Infiniti V6, V8 in same car

Cadillac V6, V8 in same car

Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Mazda... I4, V6 in same car

VW: I4, V6, W8 in same car

Back