• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Value of Rebuilt 1997 NSX...

As a previous owner of 2 NSX's both in near mint condition, I was asked by a local owner to help get his NSX ready for re-certification so he can register the car.

I'm trying to determine what the car will be worth once everything it needs has been fixed so that he can decide how much he wants to invest in the car. The car is a 1996 with 64,000 actual miles. It was originally Berlina Black but when it was repaired was repainted Brookland Green - probably due to the fact that the hood underside was already that color or some stupid reason like that. It was involved in a car vs. tree accident and needed most all front end parts and the frame needed to be straightened. The body/paintwork seems to be OK, but hard to tell exactly when covered with a coat of dirt and cat prints. It seems to run excellent, but needs a lot to get it to the point of being certified and a comfortable driver - all of which can be done with a considerable amount of work and expense which is why I'm interested to find out how much he should consider investing.

Thanks in advance for any input.

IMHO....Just guessing but there is a 1995 green on eBay now with a rebuilt title and similar mileage. They are asking 42,000. I am going to look at it see the condition and work done. Iiiffff everything is as the dealer says(lol) then I figure probably worth 35k. I figure about a 25-30% discount for the title. I doubt he will take that right now.

So so that should give you at least a ballpark. I know of someone who has been trying to sell a rebuilt one for 36k with higher miles for about 6 months with no takers.

Personally If the money is close just sell it as it instead of the headache of all the fixes. Since it never is cheaper than you think. Someone may have the skill to do the work themselves but not the money and will drive it till it falls apart and does not care about rebuilt.

IMHO....Just guessing but there is a 1995 green on eBay now with a rebuilt title and similar mileage. They are asking 42,000. I am going to look at it see the condition and work done. Iiiffff everything is as the dealer says(lol) then I figure probably worth 35k. I figure about a 25-30% discount for the title. I doubt he will take that right now.

So so that should give you at least a ballpark. I know of someone who has been trying to sell a rebuilt one for 36k with higher miles for about 6 months with no takers.

Personally If the money is close just sell it as it instead of the headache of all the fixes. Since it never is cheaper than you think. Someone may have the skill to do the work themselves but not the money and will drive it till it falls apart and does not care about rebuilt.

Good advice, and pretty much exactly what I've told him.

Back