• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vegas info

I am looking into a possible move to Vegas through work. I have been doing some research on my own, but I figured where better to inquire than here with folks I would have something in common with.

I am just looking for general thoughts, and info. I would appreciate any help you all can provide. My wife is a grade school teacher, so I would be interested in the school systems as well. I would also like to buy a place there as well. What would the average home cost in a good school district?

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!

Hi there,:smile:

I have a property in So. Highlands (SW area) up for sale..it's a gated neighborhood and golf course community..nice place to live..have their own schools..call or PM me and i can relay more info...i'm going to the Vegas meet this August to meet the Vegas Club...talk to you soon...

art mira

I am looking into a possible move to Vegas through work. I have been doing some research on my own, but I figured where better to inquire than here with folks I would have something in common with.

I am just looking for general thoughts, and info. I would appreciate any help you all can provide. My wife is a grade school teacher, so I would be interested in the school systems as well. I would also like to buy a place there as well. What would the average home cost in a good school district?

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!

We always need new teachers as the pay is not as good as it should be. The price of homes has been going down in Las Vegas. One of my best friends is a realtor. She will help get you the lowest price for what you want. She is also a teacher and can help you with the ins and outs of our school system.
Jean Perry-Jones is great! 702-858-3653.

There are lots of good things about our area. One of them is the people in our NSX club. We have fine places to go for drives where you can let the ponies run. Good people here to care for the car.

Lance

Thanks Art and Lance! I will definitely have to keep in touch with you guys. I haven't been offered the job, but the opportunity is there, so I want to do my homework before even coming to the table.

Thanks again for the info.

Hey Chuck,

Vegas is a pretty cool place to live, as long as you're OK with hot summers. I don't have any kids, so I don't know first hand what the public school system is like, but from what I hear, you're better off sending your kids to a private school, versus the public schools out here. I believe the public schools are still over crowded, and most, if not all, are on some kind of year round track. But like I said, I don't have any kids, so the info I have is just from what I hear...

As for real estate, real estate is definitely going down. In fact, just bought me a foreclosure for $255K in the Southern Highlands area, 1700 and change sq. feet, 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, 2 car garage, in really good shape too, so deals can be found right now. Average home price is just over $300K...

Let's see...what else...There's never a shortage of things to do in Las Vegas, that's for sure. Other than the Strip, there's Lake Mead, Mt. Charleston, Red Rock, Valley of Fire, Lake Las Vegas, all pretty cool spots to get in touch with nature. If you haven't been to Vegas before, we're only 4 hours away from L.A., 8 1/2 hours from San Francisco, 4 1/2 hours from San Diego, if you're a fan of snow, Lake Tahoe & Salt Lake City are relatively close, don't know the drivetime since I've always flown. But yeah, in general, Vegas is a pretty cool city, with lots to do in and out of the city...

Hit me up if you have any other questions & good luck with the job....

Levi
(702)561-5384...

you're most welcome...:smile: i've been in vegas for the past 12 years and seen it grows...my family like it there and my sis have kids and they like it too..i might have a change of heart soon..:biggrin: :biggrin:Cali is just so fast paced for me...i just had good reasons why i temp. moved out here.

Thanks Art and Lance! I will definitely have to keep in touch with you guys. I haven't been offered the job, but the opportunity is there, so I want to do my homework before even coming to the table.

Thanks again for the info.

Back