• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Video Transfer

I came across some old home movies on super 8 film. I was wondering if anyone new of a service that could transfer to dvd?

Armando

The process is:

-transfer to video tape
-encode video to MPEG
-burn DVD with above file(s)

Look for video duplication or video post production in your local yellow pages.

Soichiro said:
The process is:

-transfer to video tape
-encode video to MPEG
-burn DVD with above file(s)

Look for video duplication or video post production in your local yellow pages.

If you go to your local electronics store like circuit city,best buy,comp usa....they should have a imput device that will take RCA jacks which im sure your camcorder came with for viewing.Then you can plug your cam or any other video device into it and upload it to your computer and burn to dvd or vcd format.Here is a great forum for that WWW.VCDHELP.COM

Acura NsX Pilot said:
If you go to your local electronics store like circuit city,best buy,comp usa....they should have a imput device that will take RCA jacks which im sure your camcorder came with for viewing.Then you can plug your cam or any other video device into it and upload it to your computer and burn to dvd or vcd format.Here is a great forum for that WWW.VCDHELP.COM

I can understand that part of it, my question was how to get it from super 8 which is in film form to video, then from there is pretty much easy.

thanks
Armando

Last edited:
MiamieNeSeX said:
I can understand that part of it, my question was how to get it from super 8 which is in film form to video, then form there is pretty much easy.

thanks
Armando

Sorry......i was thinking Hi8.

Back