• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

VIDEO: Why Doesn't Your NSX Have A Turbo Yet?

I have ridden in one turbo NSX, and after watching your video I have to ask, why is it that aftermarket turbos you can definitely hear the turbo spooling? The only other turbo cars I have ridden in are Porsche 911 turbos and you can't hear the turbo spool at all. Are they insulating the turbo or is it because they don't have dump tubes?

The reason I ask, is that I know some of you love the turbo noise and the bov, but if/when I pull the trigger on a turbo kit I want to know how to approach it to make it as much like OEM'ish as possible. I know that you can use a by-pass valve and recirc to get rid of the bov noise, but is the turbo spool noise coming from the turbo or the dump tube?

My guess is that most of it has to do with the fact that the turbo is just hanging out under the car.

A lot of turbo cars the intakes are resonated or baffled to elliminate the noise. I know when I upgraded the intake on my S40 which just has a little turbo-fold KKK setup it screams now haha.

2 words: Lap Time. :)
no money.

nice video though, with all these nice videos you made, you should start tracking your car and post some real video already.

2 words: Lap Time. :)
no money.

nice video though, with all these nice videos you made, you should start tracking your car and post some real video already.

I went to the track for the first time on Monday for my Proformance 1 day performance driving school. I didn't bring any cameras though because I didn't want it distracting me. I will certainly be doing it again.

I was actually just watching your lap videos on youtube a few minutes ago. You are crazy fast hehe. I'm not sure the world could handle you having a turbo. :wink:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice vid! But it looks to me like you're intercooler core is right in line with the rear tires? Doesn't seem like the most ideal area if you're looking for longevity of the core. . :confused::confused:

I have heard people say this before , I don't think they realize how strong the intercooler core is - you would have a very hard time trying to puncture it if you used a hammer.

If you plan on any rally stages on gravel then you could easily put a screen over it.

411 RWHP on 91, roughly what would this same exact setup at 9psi yield on the 02+? How much can the OEM internals on this motor take without issue?

Great video by the way!

400 is the recommended level , if you look at RichM's car, it is a '97 3.2 (same motor as your car) - he is running 9psi with meth injection and doing 475+ WHP on a stock motor.

If you are seriously interested, pm me and we can talk.

I was considering going to the tru boost just so I'd have some decimal places on my gauge.. I have no idea if it is 7.0 psi or 7.8 because it just says 7.
QUOTE]

Another good option for you is the coolingmist CMGS - it is a methanol controller that doubles as a flow meter and boost gauge (with decimal places) all in a 2 1/16" gauge.

I really like what you've done with my old car. Ok, give it back! :biggrin::biggrin:

Back