• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Vivid Racing Advan RSII Wheel Group Buy

I just found it. It's stamped as 35. Here is the picture anyways. Hopefully it looks better once properly mounted.

IMG_01831_zpsebfcd644.jpg

I just found it. It's stamped as 35. Here is the picture anyways. Hopefully it looks better once properly mounted.
It's going to look similar to mine depending on your tire size of course. Don't mount tires on them if you don't like it. They will not accept them back if you do.

- - - Updated - - -

1K, I am really surprised that is a 285 tire and it still looks like the sidewall is strteched out rather than in on a 10" wheel.
They are big wheels, Dave. Plenty of room for more rubber. Looking forward to mounting 295/30/18 Hoosier R6's on those rears.
I'm definitely going to need wider front fender to fit a 245/40/17 on the front though.

Last edited:
What other offset are these wheels available in. Is there something that wouldn't stick out as much.

689389c37f725376dc0ef677c8a46c27.jpg

I have some specs to share. Today I weighed everything:

Front 17x8 weight: 15.2 lbs (Stock 17x7= 17.3)
Rear 18x9: 18.6 (stock 17x9= 20.0)

So I have upgraded from 7" to 8" width up front, and from a 17" to an 18" in the rear, and SAVED 7 pounds of rotational mass. That's just the wheels. I have also saved on the tires:

Yokohama AD08: front 215/40/17 = 21.0, rear 255/35/18= 26.

My old Dunlop Z1 star spec in 215/40/17= 23 lbs, 255/40/17= 28 pounds.

So I saved 8 pounds on the tires, including going to an 18" rear tire instead of 17".

I also saved 1.8 pounds on lugnuts going from OEM to Kics R40's.

Total weight savings is 16.8 pounds, while getting more rubber on the road. I would equate this to removal of at least 50 pounds of static weight out of the car since this is rotational mass, and much of the weight savings is on the outer most edge of the rotating unit. My 2 piece stoptech rotors are also lighter but that's another subject.

Some more good news: the sidewalls of my tires on the rear wheels are at a perfect 90 degree angle. They are not bowing out hellaflush stretch style even 1/4 of an inch, the fronts stretch about 3/8".

More good news: the wheels and tires were so close to perfectly round that on a new hunter road force balance machine they balanced out perfect at 0-0 with absolutely no wights on 2 of the wheels, and a minimal amount on the other two. I was pretty impressed. Now once I get my hub centric rings, I can test fit my rather high offset of 25 rear. But by my calculations, I am going to be tucked in slightly more than the 35 ET wheels, because I am at 9" width instead of 10". Hopefully my calculations aren't off. The stagger in offset also puts me really close to the ratio of the stock offset front and rear, because I have gone 1" wider up front and stayed the same rear.

Of course this is also the highest performance street tire currently available for this car. Overall, this is a DEFINITE performance upgrade. The upgrade in looks is just icing on the cake.

760c3746033845a71f5b36c32fc4284f.jpg

I thought that since so many people bought Advan RSII in the group buy it would be interesting to see what everybody will be choosing for tires. Please post brand and sizes along with wheel size. I bought 18X10+35 rears and 17X8+37. I have no idea what to put on and hope to get some ideas from this thread. Even if you don't have RSII your input is still welcome.

Depends on your needs. If you want performance, yoko AD08 or wait for the new Dunlop ZII. If top performance isn't critical, there are a lot of good one some mentioned below. I put a lot of importance on tires so I went AD08.

Some more good news: the sidewalls of my tires on the rear wheels are at a perfect 90 degree angle. They are not bowing out hellaflush stretch style even 1/4 of an inch, the fronts stretch about 3/8".

I love the look, when are you going to put them on your car?

I love the look, when are you going to put them on your car?

As soon as Ahmed sends me the hubcentric rings. I asked for expedited shipping.

- - - Updated - - -

I still can't get over the fact they balanced out without weights. That's pretty awesome.

The rings are metal right?

I paid extra for aluminum ones. I believe the standard ones that come with the wheel are either nothing or polycarbonate. I guess Ahmed is the one to answer. I got them, but I am not convinced that metal is necessarily better.

I paid extra for aluminum ones. I believe the standard ones that come with the wheel are either nothing or polycarbonate. I guess Ahmed is the one to answer. I got them, but I am not convinced that metal is necessarily better.

Cool. Can't wait to see them mounted. I'm thinking of going with the same tires. I have the goodyears gsd3. Can't seem to find a tire I like as much as those.
Charles

Well it's that tire or the star spec Z2 if you want performance. I might have gotten the Z2 but it wasn't available so I went the AD08 and I like them because they are light. Z2 looks great on initial tests.

So have another pallet coming on Monday and will be able to fill in more orders..

Edit* Here is what I have coming in

RSII 18x10.0 +35 5-114.3 Racing Hyper Black x 16
RSII 19x10.0 +35 5-114.3 Racing Hyper Black x 2
RSII 17x9.5 +35 5-114.3 Racing Hyper Black x 4
RSII 17x8.0 +37 5-114.3 Hyper Silver x 6
RSII 18x10.0 +35 5-114.3 Hyper Silver x 6
RSII 17x9.0 +45 5-114.3 Hyper Silver x 4

Last edited:
Hello Dave,
I put my order in with Ahmed on Sept. 10., 2012, a week or two after the initial run. I have not heard or received anything as yet. Have others received their wheels?
Don

Hello Dave,
I put my order in with Ahmed on Sept. 10., 2012, a week or two after the initial run. I have not heard or received anything as yet. Have others received their wheels?
Don
Deposit made on 8/22 no wheels yet. I'm sure it's out of his control how wheels come in. Looks like the hyper silver and black are the ones that are being shipped.

Guys if you call him, you can probably get an update on status. He's not that hard to get a hold of. He is there almost everyday at his desk.

- - - Updated - - -

EAAEB63A-AD61-4F24-BEB2-89006708F729-4970-0000034C16902EDE.jpg

New rings. These look very high quality. Thanks Ahmed.

These will be arriving here at the end of January.. Should ship to everyone early Feb

RSII 17X8.0 +37 5-114.3 RACING HYPER BLACK x 20
RSII 17X8.0 +37 5-114.3 SEMI GLOSS BLACK x 12
RSII 18X10.0 +35 5-114.3 RACING HYPER BLACK x 2

I received the shipment I listed 2 posts above.. I am going down the list from whom placed their deposit 1st and contacting them and collecting payment and processing their order.

So everyone's wheels will be here by mid next month as the container will arrive at the end of this month. That will be the final shipment and I want to thank everyone for their patience and for participating

92A9529D-5E05-4EE3-AA80-B4594F016549-2028-000002A8D8874BAB.jpg

Contacted wheels on the way..thanks for a great group buy guys!!!:applouse::applouse::applouse::applouse::applouse::biggrin::biggrin:

Hi Ahmed,
Is there any update for those of us that have not been contacted yet? In your last post it sounded like the final container would arrive at the end of Jan?
Thank you

I received the shipment I listed 2 posts above.. I am going down the list from whom placed their deposit 1st and contacting them and collecting payment and processing their order.

So everyone's wheels will be here by mid next month as the container will arrive at the end of this month. That will be the final shipment and I want to thank everyone for their patience and for participating

Guys.. I just recieved the final shipment in today.. My shipping dept is going to be putting all the final pieces together and hope to start shipping out the remaining sets as of next week..
E46A5239-44D0-4F83-92CB-64112069DB4A-6603-000006C03C2386A1_zpsc2e7bb14.jpg

Back