• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Vivid Racing Advan RSII Wheel Group Buy

Dave, put these wheels on and take pictures asap! I want to see how they look like on your silverstone ;).

Dave, put these wheels on and take pictures asap! I want to see how they look like on your silverstone ;).

I will brother... they are due to arrive on the 16th. It's going to be like 12 degrees here. But I will def put them on and if I don't like it, they are going up for sale. Because I like my OEM's. Or I may forget black and go silver. The whole thing was that I really wanted my calipers silver... maybe I can get that done beforehand. G2 will now send you high temp paint matched to your color code. I went 18x9 ET25 rears. I hope they fit LOL.

I will brother... they are due to arrive on the 16th. It's going to be like 12 degrees here. But I will def put them on and if I don't like it, they are going up for sale. Because I like my OEM's. Or I may forget black and go silver. The whole thing was that I really wanted my calipers silver... maybe I can get that done beforehand. G2 will now send you high temp paint matched to your color code. I went 18x9 ET25 rears. I hope they fit LOL.

Let me know when you are ready to sell them ;).

Spoiler Alert!

Here's a teaser for you courtesy of Shad @ Driving Ambition and my poor wallet. They are hyper black 17x8.0+37, 18x10.0+37 with Sumitomo 235/17/40 & 285/18/35. Very slight rub up front at max lock but I have 3.2 deg. negitive camber and rolled fenders. They clear my Stoptecs and are light. You will love them!
DSC00229_zps59a55842.jpg

DSC00230_zps408edffe.jpg

DSC00275_zps7d5d33dd.jpg

DSC00233_zpse6499fda.jpg

DSC00232_zpsa6274cd0.jpg

DSC00251_zps66bf2c00.jpg

DSC00250_zps0706068a.jpg

Last edited:
1K, What are your offsets and how much clearance do you have on the caliper up front?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great BTW. Other than your lugnuts lol

Last edited:
Looks great BTW. Other than your lugnuts lol
Thanks Dave, you've done an amazing job of putting this GB together, hats off to you!

My lug nutz are good for at least -.005sec. per lap :tongue::tongue:

Thanks Dave, you've done an amazing job of putting this GB together, hats off to you!

My lug nutz are good for at least -.005sec. per lap :tongue::tongue:

So why go with these big tire sizes? If it's for more grip then why sumi's?

- - - Updated - - -

DSC00250_zps0706068a.jpg

Love this picture. Hello BBK. Love the open look of this wheel. It's all about what's underneath. And when hey spin, they disappear!!!

Last edited:
So why go with these big tire sizes? If it's for more grip then why sumi's?
These wheels are primarily for the track where I'll be mounting Hoosier R6 245/40/17s & 295/30/18s. Sumi's are for the street and they are surprisingly predictable!

DSC00250_zps0706068a.jpg

Love this picture. Hello BBK. Love the open look of this wheel. It's all about what's underneath. And when hey spin, they disappear!!!
+1 - Pics don't do these wheels justice, they really make the car POP!

I wasn't part of the group buy because I ordered mine before it was planned. They showed up this morning and I must say they look great. I have the exact same sizes as 1K2GO 18x10.0+37. I don't have my tires yet but couldn't wait and mounted them on the car. The rear wheels seem to stick out the fender a lot. I realize that once the tires are mounted and there is weight on the wheel it will move up and I'm assuming move in but will it move in that much. Or is it possible they put the wrong wheels in the wrong box. How can I measure to make sure it"s actually 37 offset.

PS I started a thread in the wheel section to see what type of tires everybody is going to be putting on these wheels if your interested.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/169437-Advan-RS-II?p=1664548#post1664548

IMG_01811_zps5297353d.jpg

Put the wheel on the floor with the outside facing the floor. Take a straight edge and place it flat across the rim.
Now measure the distance from the straight edge to the back of the mounting flange. That is your offset.

The rear do stick out a bit more than I'd prefer but it does not rub even with a 285/35/18 tire.

DSC00243_zps466362b9.jpg

DSC00231_zps7bf0808b.jpg

Ok so I measured like you said and it gives 6 7/8" how does this relate to 35 offset.

1K, I am really surprised that is a 285 tire and it still looks like the sidewall is strteched out rather than in on a 10" wheel.

- - - Updated - - -

Freeon the offset should be stamped on the wheel

Back