• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Volk TE 37's for wide body

Guys I need your help! I am going with a wide body for my 2005 nsx. I am doing the Versus scorcery wide body kit from front to back (already ordered)

My question is am doing the Volk racing TE 37's 19x10.5 for the rear and 18x8.5 for the front and would like to figure the offsets for the wide body kit.. I did a search and came up with idea's all over the place depending on wheel widths etc and it's driving me crazy... If there is one thing I hate to see is a wide body kit nsx with the wheel sitting too far in the wheel well, it throws the whole balance of the car off...

I would like to wait until the kit is installed and measure but the wheels will take 2- 3 months to get here and increases my down time so if i can jump start the procedure by piggy backing of someone else who has already done there home work I would be very very thanksful :smile:

Any help and input woulkd be great..

p.s. if your wondering why I am doing the wide body kit on my car it is because the car was wrecked and the kit is just as cheap as oem parts so figured I would do it.

Last edited:
On a 2005? Why not pick up an older car if you're gonna swap out all those panels?

Posted from my iPhone

On a 2005? Why not pick up an older car if you're gonna swap out all those panels?

Posted from my iPhone

Well lets put it this way the car has a pretty bad carfax from a prior accident, I got the car cheap in the color I wanted and it will already come with the headlights tailights interior etc that i wanted :smile: Now from the recent accident the carfax will be even worse so i am just going to drive the car for what it is... obvously it isn't a no history kinda car anymore

plus the insurance company didnt want to give me crap for the car with the recent accident (I was not at fault)since it had a prior slavage so i bought her back to fix up...

Last edited:
With your width I would suggest a +10 with a maximum of +5 range. The front ranging from a +15 to a +12. This is with a 285 rear tire up to a 295 with room. The fronts a 225 series. I did not have any tcs issues as well. Pm me your phone and I can furthur discuss more Info if you like.

Gil

Last edited:
Well lets put it this way the car has a pretty bad carfax from a prior accident, I got the car cheap in the color I wanted and it will already come with the headlights tailights interior etc that i wanted :smile: Now from the recent accident the carfax will be even worse so i am just going to drive the car for what it is... obvously it isn't a no history kinda car anymore

plus the insurance company didnt want to give me crap for the car with the recent accident (I was not at fault)since it had a prior slavage so i bought her back to fix up...

ah.... this makes sense! long live 2005 widebody!

Let me ask how much you paid for the kit and also, you get the kit from Versus?,
thought that kit was no longer available.
Thanks
Guys I need your help! I am going with a wide body for my 2005 nsx. I am doing the Versus scorcery wide body kit from front to back (already ordered)

My question is am doing the Volk racing TE 37's 19x10.5 for the rear and 18x8.5 for the front and would like to figure the offsets for the wide body kit.. I did a search and came up with idea's all over the place depending on wheel widths etc and it's driving me crazy... If there is one thing I hate to see is a wide body kit nsx with the wheel sitting too far in the wheel well, it throws the whole balance of the car off...

I would like to wait until the kit is installed and measure but the wheels will take 2- 3 months to get here and increases my down time so if i can jump start the procedure by piggy backing of someone else who has already done there home work I would be very very thanksful :smile:

Any help and input woulkd be great..

p.s. if your wondering why I am doing the wide body kit on my car it is because the car was wrecked and the kit is just as cheap as oem parts so figured I would do it.

With your width I would suggest a +10 with a maximum of +5 range. The front ranging from a +15 to a +12. This is with a 285 rear tire up to a 295 with room. The fronts a 225 series. I did not have any tcs issues as well. Pm me your phone and I can furthur discuss more Info if you like.

Gil

If I was you I would just buy Gil's wheels.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140944
That's a really good deal if your running he sorcery style kit, your basically getting free tires, plus you don't have to wait 3+ months for them to be made and shipped. When figuring your offset make sure you know that your offset will change with the width of your wheels. For example a 19x10 with a +10 face will not be in the same place as a 19x11 with a +10.

If I was you I would just buy Gil's wheels.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140944
That's a really good deal if your running he sorcery style kit, your basically getting free tires, plus you don't have to wait 3+ months for them to be made and shipped. When figuring your offset make sure you know that your offset will change with the width of your wheels. For example a 19x10 with a +10 face will not be in the same place as a 19x11 with a +10.

i just can't make up my mind about those wheels he has for sale...:confused:

I have volks on my widebody. This might help...

I run 18 x 8.5 with +22 offset
19 x 10.5 with +12 offset

Here are pics so you have an idea how it might look.

I have Advance Flat-Out front fenders + Taitec quarters.
This is not very agressive by any means so you can definitely push it out some more with lower offsets.

Hope this helps...

DSC04206.jpg

DSC04220-1.jpg

nice widebody looks good!! :smile: I have a Veilside Widebody Im running 20x12 rear and 19x9 fronts... my rear offset is minus 13 and front offset is plus 17

I have volks on my widebody. This might help...

I run 18 x 8.5 with +22 offset
19 x 10.5 with +12 offset

Here are pics so you have an idea how it might look.

I have Advance Flat-Out front fenders + Taitec quarters.
This is not very agressive by any means so you can definitely push it out some more with lower offsets.

Hope this helps...

DSC04206.jpg

DSC04220-1.jpg

Nice car! deffently the look i'm going for,
ok so do you know if your rear quaters are as wide as the sorcery? the front doesnt look as wide

from my gathering:

if i run an 18 x 8.5 in the front does +10mm sound right?

if i run an 19 x 10.5 in the rear does a +10 sound right as well with the option of running a 5mm spacer if it sits in too far?

Last edited:
Nice car! deffently the look i'm going for,
ok so do you know if your rear quaters are as wide as the sorcery? the front doesnt look as wide

from my gathering:

if i run an 18 x 8.5 in the front does +10mm sound right?

if i run an 19 x 10.5 in the rear does a +10 sound right as well with the option of running a 5mm spacer if it sits in too far?

Taitec rear quarters do not run at 40mm for the Sorcery kits. They are just a tad over 30mm.

To be honest, if the wheel fitment are a major concern as they should be. I would get the kit mocked up first. Get the front fenders and rear quarter properly mounted during mock up. Do proper measuring of offsets. I would then after proceed with your options with firm results without guestimating. Less hastle but yes more wait. Patience as stressed in some of my posts will save some aches (money spent) and pains (Emptier wallet).

Last edited:
Taitec rear quarters do not run at 40mm for the Sorcery kits. They are just a tad over 30mm.

To be honest, if the wheel fitment are a major concern as they should be. I would get the kit mocked up first. Get the front fenders and rear quarter properly mounted during mock up. Do proper measuring of offsets. I would then after proceed with your options with firm results without guestimating. Less hastle but yes more wait. Patience as stressed in some of my posts will save some aches (money spent) and pains (Emptier wallet).

i know but if i do plenty of homework i just might be able to have little less wait time and get my nsx before summer is over (fingures crossed)

I think neither my front nor rears are as wide as the sorcery kits.
With the info Synergy004 provided, you might be able to do some mock up calculations.

If the rear is 5~10mm wider, taking that I have +12 in the rear, you will be safe with a +5? And if the fronts are at least 10mm wider, you'd be safe with a +12 or so.

I think neither my front nor rears are as wide as the sorcery kits.
With the info Synergy004 provided, you might be able to do some mock up calculations.

If the rear is 5~10mm wider, taking that I have +12 in the rear, you will be safe with a +5? And if the fronts are at least 10mm wider, you'd be safe with a +12 or so.

ok kool thanks

Back