• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Want to buy, help !

Hello
I'm hoping to buy a used NSX. I can't afford a newer one, probably will have to focus on a '91 or '92. Do all early NSX's come with the same engine, or were there options available ? What about performance ? What should I look for ? Any help would sure be appreciated.

DOWEN said:
Hello
I'm hoping to buy a used NSX. I can't afford a newer one, probably will have to focus on a '91 or '92. Do all early NSX's come with the same engine, or were there options available ? What about performance ? What should I look for ? Any help would sure be appreciated.
Ill start by answering a few of those questions...

All the first NSXs came with the 3.0 and either a 5spd or an Auto.
First and foremost, check to see if the timing belt/waterpump has been done recently or at all. After that, check to see if its in snap ring range. If so, check and see if its been corrected. Those are the 2 most important things IMO to look for in an early 90s NSX, aside from previous collision and/or paint work. Good luck. Feel free to search this forum to ALOT of reviews that will help you along :smile:

DOWEN said:
Hello

I'm in the same circumstance you're in, looking for an early model NSX. The FAQ (link above) has a ton of great info. I'd start there then search the forums for specific questions that the FAQ doesn't answer for you. You've come to the right place! :smile:

Good luck with your search..

Dan

Back