• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wanted: An NSX in Arizona to do some HID kit test fitting.

Hey all in AZ,

I wholesale HID kits and I'm looking for someone with an NSX in Phoenix who is willing to let me do some test fitting with one of my HID kits. I have kits for all kinds of cars from Honda's to Porsches and even dual beam HID kits that can be retrofitted into Ferrari's but I haven't had a chance to play with an NSX yet.

If anyone is interested, please pm me. Naturally there will be some compensation for your time or a generous discount on an HID kit for the test vehicle. Like... REALLY generous.

Thanks.

Clifford

I can vouch for Cliffud's kits. I have a set of 6000k on my 08 xB2 and it's great. I'll post pix of the kit next to my Philips Ultinons later. The ballasts are completely sealed (Cliffud you should post that picture of the submerged ballast). This is important because the ballasts in the NSX tend to be more exposed if you try to mount it all within the headlamp. Even my $600 Philips kit is not completely sealed.

My favorite part is that it comes with a relay kit. No relay kit and you run your HIDs off of the stock 9006 harness which can lead to burned wires because of high startup draw. Really well designed!!! Great customer service as well. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the kind praise B! Also, good idea about showing off the photos...

waterproof.jpg

rubber2.jpg

Completely submerged for hours, no issues. The entire ballast is injected with rubber, guaranteed not to succcumb to the elements. Also, the ignitor is built into the ballast so you don't have to worry about hiding/mounting a second box in addition to your ballast like the McCulloch kit.

I've tested out A LOT of kits and other than the Philips kit, mine are the only ones that came with a wire harness. I retail them for only $250 shipped worldwide so you can imagine my offering to the NSX community will be for less. :)

If anyone has any questions or would like to sign up for some test fitting, please give me a call at 602.300.7153

Thanks all!

Clifford

Hey Clifford!

I received your HID bulbs today. That was fast! I didn't realize that you needed an NSX to test fit your kit - I would have tried it out on my car.

The McCulloch HID's installed on my car didn't come with a relay kit. Are your relay kits compatible with other brands?

Let me know if you can't find a local test vehicle. :smile:

Mike

Hey Clifford!

I received your HID bulbs today. That was fast! I didn't realize that you needed an NSX to test fit your kit - I would have tried it out on my car.

The McCulloch HID's installed on my car didn't come with a relay kit. Are your relay kits compatible with other brands?

Let me know if you can't find a local test vehicle. :smile:

Mike

Hey Mike,

Glad you received the bulbs. I was hoping you'd get them yesterday though since you're only a state away. Oh well. As far as the McCulloch HIDs, the McCulloch kit has external ignitors and the wiring format does not fit with the relay wiring harnesses that are common to my kit and the Philips kit.

That being said, I can certainly offer harnesses but some splicing will be required to connect them.

Thanks.

Clifford

Clifford,

I replaced my burnt McCulloch bulb with the ones you sent me. I wanted to complete the task while the sun was still out, so I replaced both bulbs this afternoon. I should have left the working McCulloch bulb in one headlight for comparison; yours are much brighter. I've always thought the McCullochs were a bit dim, and the beam didn't extend as far as I would have liked. There were times when I thought that cars didn't see me because my headlights weren't bright enough. Even though I'm still using the McCulloch ballast, just changing the bulbs has made a huge difference. I've driven in front of MR's xB2 at night, and his lights looked very bright. I'd say that mine now look similarly bright.

Although both kits are rated at 6000k, the McCullochs had a blue/green tinge. Your bulbs appear to be pure white. Exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for the bulbs!

Mike

Clifford & I got together tonight and went through the install of them on my car.
Incredible...you can't even tell we did the install it looks so good.

Clifford will be posting pictures of our work soon.

Thanks Clifford....It was great meeting you and spending the time with you. I look forward to seeing you again soon....
Jim

Hey Jim,

Likewise man! Definitely a cool guy here folks. Also, your car is INSAAAAAAAAANE!

Here are some photos of the car and one of the engine bay and the car.

nsx1.jpg

nsx2.jpg

nsx3.jpg

nsx4.jpg

nsx5.jpg

This honestly was one of the cleanest installs I've done. The pics aren't the greatest but they were the best I could do at the house at midnight. :) I can't wait to get some better pics.

The install is incredible.
We really took the time to figure out wire harness lengths, relay attachments, gromments, the modification to the headlight lamp covers, and the total configuration from start to finish...What's really amazing is you can't tell it's been done. Everything fit like it belonged where we put it. I'm amazed how well it all went togther.

We even learned how to adjust the headlights without taking off the headlight shells, huh Clifford.... LOL....

It was a lot of fun Clifford. You are really a good guy....I very much enjoyed the time together. No doubt there will more time together. Sell that Infinity and buy an NSX......we'll lower the seats.

You got my "Vendor Vote" No wait, that's another topic....

Get the pictures we documented up so everyone can see how easy it really is to have lights that can actually lite the road up like it's daylight :)

Thanks buddy....
Jim

Last edited:
If you need another NSX to work on i'm available. The install looked very good! :smile:

Nice work. Cliffud's 6000k kit has a beautiful shade of white. I would not have considered anything other than the Philips kit for my car but seeing the color and considering the quality, I highly recommend this kit.

There are a few things that make Cliffud's kit better than the Philips kit. Both are relay driven and that is a HUGE plus. First, the ballast is sealed. The Philips LVQ-212 ballast is not sealed. Mounted in the headlamp leaves it very exposed to moisture. So that's why they sell the sealed enclosures below made specifically for the LVQ-212.
LVQ212-ENC_lrg.gif

Second, Cliffud's kit using a single 9006 turn on source. There is also a single wire for the relay power source. The Philips kit has 2 of each. This is a very clean way of utilizing a relay to drive the ballasts. It even comes with wire loom and everything you need.

Last, the price & support. I paid about $600 for my Philips. HID-Online is overseas, Cliffud is here and much more responsive.

Hey JOPRIMO,

That's interesting that you posted. I think I work with you at a certain domain registrar... PM me your info man. :)

Hey Malibu,

Thanks for the kind praise man, I really appreciate it. Right now I'm trying to find a bunch of headlight caps so I can drill a bunch and offer kits that are just about 100% ready to go. With each kit, the owner will get detailed instructions with pictures on how to install the kit so it appears to be a factory setup.

If there aren't any objections, I'd like to post up in the group buy section to offer these to the community in the next week or two.

Thanks all and special thanks to Jim for allowing me to work on his car first and to Malibu for recommending me.

All the best,

Clifford

If there aren't any objections, I'd like to post up in the group buy section to offer these to the community in the next week or two.

Clifford, you're probably the first vendor to ever ask to post in there. :) You should also setup a group buy on the bulbs, many users here can benefit from your prices and choices in color temps. I like your shade of 6000k better than the other manufacturer's 6000k temps...

Back