• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

warped floor mats

Got some floor mats from SOS a few days ago and I need some advice. They came boxed with some other goodies and were folded in order to fit in the box. They are both deformed and I'm unsure of what to do to flatten them. I tried leaving them out in the sun on a hot day for about five hours and then put a box weighing appx. 30lbs on them to no avail. Any other suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated!

They'll eventually relax back into shape, you just have to give them time. The mats for my M5 did the same. I used a variable heat gun to hasten the process but time (a week or so) proved the more effective tool.

I have seen some with a wire inside that can be bent back to shape not sure about the SOS version of mats.

Thanks guys, I'll try blasting them with a hairdryer, throw them in the car and call it a day!

Be careful with hairdryer. If your hairdryer generates too much direct heat you will melt the glue that holds the mat to the rubber backing and create even worse scenario. If they haven't already settled by now, even with some heavy books, then you may have a defective set.

Back