• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Washington D.C. Cherry Blossoms

I didn't take another trip to the Bronx Zoo but did do a little driving today and ended up in D.C. to check out the peak of the Cherry Blossom trees around the tidal basin. Here are a few shots.

19377986-L.jpg

19381179-L.jpg

19381127-L.jpg

19381158-L.jpg

19377977-L.jpg

19377969-L.jpg

19381138-L.jpg

I was there this weekend as well. It was real nice but there were just way too many people!

Bob, beautiful pictures, spent my college years in DC, and your pictures bought back some great memories of my mispent youth!!! Which car did you drive down in? I hope that you started cleaning your NSX, as I expect it to win cleanest "Track Rat" category on Sunday!!!! :eek:

I took the E55 down so I would not stand out on the drive down at 3:00 am. I was amazed at how many troopers there were during the trip down at that time of night.

No time to clean the track rat so I hope to get the dirtiest car award (and if I am really lucky that award will be a dogzilla).

Here are a few more shots from the trip.

19411905-L.jpg

19411884-L.jpg

19413450-L.jpg

19411907-L.jpg

19413464-L.jpg

19411909-L.jpg

19411897-L.jpg

I feel like a broken record when I say this, but Excellant shots Bob !!! -- (as always) . You missed your true calling. Saves all the time of actually going to these places.

Beautiful pictures.

Awesome pictures. I guess I need to go out and buy some "L" lenses.

Did you use a polarizer on any of the shots?

DocL said:
Awesome pictures. I guess I need to go out and buy some "L" lenses.

Did you use a polarizer on any of the shots?

I used a B&W circular polarizer on all those shots that day. Fortunately, it fits both of my super wide and super tele lenses so that saves a few bucks. It makes a huge difference with water reflections and all the white monuments and flowers against a blue sky.

Those pics are virtually better than being there in person. We decided to skip it this year - just too many people!

Back