• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

washoholic?

Okay today I washed my car 3 times. I know, I know but my car was dirty and after I took for a spin it got dirty again.

But here's what I'm wondering. After washing it for the 3rd time today I noticed in the last 5 months I've used 1/2 a bottle of Zanio car wash. Am I a washoholic? Who else washes there car as much as me.

Whoa there,Its time to seek help.Call Washaholics Anonymous.
biggrin.gif

I wash may car a lot but not more than once in a day.That would take to much time.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT BPU+

Me..Me..Me..when the weather pemits though i also went through a few bottles of Zaino products in a six month period. Black is the worst to keep clean after a couple hours of driving it's dust it off and Gloss Enhancer to the rescue.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

yeah, black will turn you into a basketcase. mine attracts loads of dust sitting in a clean garage, wish someone had warned me. i never clean my black truck, but the nsx is different.

my saviour is the car cover. now it only gets dirty when i drive it

That's probably how you got the name hejo (hey Joe). Neihbors driving by seeing you in the driveway all the time yelling hejo (hey Joe).

The more you wash the more you will need to wax.

I hear ya, brother, but would suggest the following until you get to detox:

> high quality "duster"
> Griot's Garage Speed Shine (or similar product)
> "The Glosser"- this is a between wash wipe that is made by the same great folks who brought us Rain-X. Got some free samples at the SEMA show in Las Vegas,they are awesome. Not sure if they have hit Pep Boys yet, however.

Hope this helps. I have a black 750iL in addition to my NSX. It never rains in Vegas, so unless you run through a puddle, your car will stay detailed for a good week or so (except black of course). I will was the 750, put it in the garage, and the next morning it will have a nice coat of dust.

I wish a scientist on the board would explain where dust comes from. Sealed garage, no wind, etc. What gives.

Anyways, most of the mentioned between was products will help.

If not familiar with their products, go to
www.griotsgarage.com for really high quality car stuff.

Better yet have a pro pull off the entire body and re-spray the car in Spa- pearl yellow.Much more forgiving color and now it will look like a 97+ NSX ,Be sure you document ALL before, during and after shots W/ names dates and places and a notorized letter from the painter you find most competitive.

------------------

I have a black NSX. I used to wash my car twice a week. Now, I only wash it once a month and it's always clean.

The car is driven on the weekends only.

I use Zaino which seems to help prevent some of the dust build up.

I use a car cover made for indoor use to make sure no dust collects while the car is in the garage.

The wheels get dust on them so I wipe them every once in a while.

I use Meguiars Endurance tire gel because it seems to last a few weeks.

I dust the car with a California Car Duster.

YMMV

Originally posted by MYNSX:
Better yet have a pro pull off the entire body and re-spray the car in Spa- pearl yellow.Much more forgiving color and now it will look like a 97+ NSX ,Be sure you document ALL before, during and after shots W/ names dates and places and a notorized letter from the painter you find most competitive.

Great idea! Spend $5K or more on something that will make the market value of your NSX go down.
eek.gif

I did the color change for me.Im not looking to sell my NSX anytime soon and if you saw the car live youd know what I mean.The person who sprayed the car documented,notorized,videoed and pics of the project and is very well known in the custom car and show ring and I seriosly dought his work will lower the value if anything. It will be enjoyed and simply put "not" regained and the 5000.00 spent is the investment into my sanity plus "over the course of time" if I was to add up all the time I spent cleaning and cleaning vs's going to work (for myself)is much more adventagious financially.Which is a wash if you follow what I'm saying. That actually puts me in the positive and at the time when I purchased the car(about 1 year plus)ago I did not have 65,000.00 for a 97+.I dont like payments if I can avoid it.
Trust me there are 3 clients and 2 strangers who have offered me more than what I have into my car.My best friend offered to trade me his Viper (the answer was a big no.
So wheras a "re-spray"I use that term very loosly" may conclude (backwards for some)I havent found it to be true for all or myself.
Ps ....If 5000.00 was gonna break me I'd better look to a new career.

------------------

Back