• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Water drainage around the boot ( trunk )

Does anybody here know where the water around the rubber seal between the boot itself and the bodywork drains to at the rear?

I can see that water at the front end of the gutters / channels drains forward into spaces below the hinges but I'm often left with large puddles of water at either side at the rear of the car ( see pic of the area I'm bothered about ).

More to the point, apart from ( 1 ) not parking the car in the rain & ( 2 ) parking facing downhill rather than up - what can I do to improve things?

Attachments

• PICT0006smaller.JPG
    PICT0006smaller.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 127
I have not clue, all I know is when I wash my car I have to stick a towel in those two areas to soak out what water and suds accumulate there. I wouldn't know about rain getting there as my car mostly never sees it.

I've had the rear trunk seal off the car many times and I have never seen a drain in any other spot than the ones you mentioned. I guess you're stuck parking in the rain pointing south!

Back