• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

water stains

Only if you post a full size version of your avatar :wink:

try this. note the black thong. sorry to disrupt your musings. i will try vinegar i hope it works cause nothing else has. enjoy.

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5302&sl=a

5302Senza_titolo-4.jpg

5302Senza_titolo-9.jpg

5302Senza_titolo-8.jpg

5302Senza_titolo-22.jpg

Last edited:
On glass and mirrors, I have had success with Barkeepers Friend. Works way better than vinegar, clr, anything. Takes off really stubborn water spots. Don't use it on paint. Got it at kmart.
Good luck.

If you can't remove them with clay or vinegar/water they need to be mechanically abraded with a polish/pad and a machine. The reason is because the hard water etches in to the clear like a scratch.

Sacramento is known for it's horrible hard water to boot :wink:

Last edited:
Really, try barkeepers friend. Work it with a sponge and you will be shocked how well it works. I was. It does not scratch the glass and leaves it very clean once rinsed off.
It is safe for glass stove tops too if you do that sort of thing.

My next step was calling a professional detailer to polish the windows. But for a couple bucks and twenty minutes, I have lots of clean windows!

I tried the vinegar/water on my paint. It didn't work for me as the others have said it was etched into the clearcoat/paint. Got most of it out w/ a buffer..would say 80% of it. I ended up repainting the car (for other reasons).

Jeff

I tried the vinegar/water on my paint. It didn't work for me as the others have said it was etched into the clearcoat/paint. Got most of it out w/ a buffer..would say 80% of it. I ended up repainting the car (for other reasons).

Jeff

That happened to one of my cars when the sprinkler at some public parking went off in the middle of the summer day.

My insurance company cut me a check for $5k for the repaint.

It's nice to have comprehensive coverage without the deductable.

i have some nasty water stains ?hard water on my rims and on my mirror that i cannot get out.
is there an ez solution? TIA

If they are "Nasty" then you should probably contact a pro to have them polished out. Give "doot" a PM here on nsxprime to see if he can help you out!

Back