• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

welding aluminum in columbus

i need a transmission case welded anyone know a good place in columbus that can do it?

Not sure if you got this taken care of but if you want an aluminum welder and don't want to take your transmission case to a wheel shop, I actually have a friend in Harrison, OH that's an expert aluminum welder. He's actually "Honda Certified" funny enough. A few years ago Goldwing's had a recall for some frame welds and people were having to take them back to dealerships. Corporate Honda reps actually had to go to all the dealerships to teach the techs how to properly weld aluminum. My buddy had the Honda guys come out to his shop to give people another place to go since the dealerships were getting SO backed up with the problem. They were amazed with him. Said his welds were better than the robots that did it at the plant.

Not sure if you got this taken care of but if you want an aluminum welder and don't want to take your transmission case to a wheel shop, I actually have a friend in Harrison, OH that's an expert aluminum welder. He's actually "Honda Certified" funny enough. A few years ago Goldwing's had a recall for some frame welds and people were having to take them back to dealerships. Corporate Honda reps actually had to go to all the dealerships to teach the techs how to properly weld aluminum. My buddy had the Honda guys come out to his shop to give people another place to go since the dealerships were getting SO backed up with the problem. They were amazed with him. Said his welds were better than the robots that did it at the plant.

How much does he charge?

Make sure you have the case thoroughly cleaned in a parts washer first and DO NOT use brake clean on it.

Back