• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Well, we did it. We bought our dream car.

First of all, I want to thank NSXPrime and all the members of this board. You were all a tremendous source of knowledge, insight and inspiration. The FAQ section and the advice to have the car looked at by a competent mechanic (Shane at Autowave) were invaluable.

Like many of you, I would guess, I've lusted for an NSX since I saw my first one back in 1991. I still have Sports Car International and Road & Track magazines with articles on this amazing vehicle going back as far as 1990. In fact, I still have the original silver/black "coffee table" NSX book that the dealers had when the car first came out. I've kept it all this year.

Along the way, I've had some amazing cars. Most recently we had a 2001 Silverstone on Red S2000 that was replaced by a 2002 Spa Yellow S2000 when the glass rear window became available. I loved 'em and only made the painful decision to sell the '02 when my Dad had a massive stroke in Oct. 2003. That terrible event changed everything.

I'm happy to say that my family is now doing better and my wife and I decided to treat ourselves.

We are now the proud owners of a 1998 Berlina Black on Camel NSX-T. The car is in very good condition and has 42K on the odo. We're now the third owner as the second owner only had the car 11 mo's before having a baby and needing something with room for a car seat (believe it or not he and his wife also parted with a beautiful Dark Green 1967 Chevy Corvette hardtop that was immaculate). Unfortunately, his loss is my gain.

We're taking the car into Autowave next Tuesday (the soonest we could get in) for some preventitive maintenance (timing belt, hoses, water pump, etc.) so I'm going easy and haven't pushed the car at all yet. Even still, it's just awesome driving this vehicle. I got home from S. Orange County traffic today with the biggest grin on my face!

I will post pictures in a few weeks (once I get the maintenance done I'm going to detail the snot out of it) so keep your eyes peeled for that.

Thanks again everyone. I look forward to seeing you on the road.

Christian and Dawn Asis

PS - the only things I'm not absolutely in love with about the car are:

1) the horn
2) the headlights (I'm spoiled by the HID's on my other vehicles and our old S2K's)
and 3) the ground clearance. Although our vehicle is bone stock, it is lower than snot. I'm accustomed to taking bumps, driveways, etc. slowly and at an angle but man... this bad boy is low. I don't know how some of you get by after lowering the car.

Congrats :biggrin:

We have now accounted 3 of the 5 1998-T Blk/Tan-Camel made. NSXPrime names:

Hrant vin #092
Jadkar vin#161
Da Hapa .....

And 092 and 161 have pretty much similar mods ..... ;)

Hrant said:

Hrant vin #092
Jadkar vin#161
Da Hapa .....
I assume you are referring to six-speed cars only (since there is one automatic '98 -T black/tan in addition to the five manual cars).

Here are two more:

tbNSX vin #117
NARLEE vin #189

Two others, reported in the past by former members of the NSXCA, are vin #191 and vin #224.

That makes a total of seven, versus the five as noted in the FAQ, based on reports from American Honda. Possible reasons for the discrepancy include (a) Da Hapa's car may be one of those listed above; (b) a car may have been changed (repainted, interior color swapped, etc); (c) there could be an error in the FAQ figures or in the information on a car identified here.

I know it's a sin that I don't know this from memory but I'm here at work and the new baby is safely secured in the garage at home.

I'm 99.9% sure that from the VIN, my car is #112.

And I will be following with pic's but it's going to take a bit of time. As I might have noted earlier, I'm having a bunch of preventitive maintenance done on her next week (timing belt, water pump, hoses, etc.) and then I plan to detail the crud out of the car. Then, I'll gladly post some pic's to share.

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Da Hapa said:
I know it's a sin that I don't know this from memory but I'm here at work and the new baby is safely secured in the garage at home.

I'm 99.9% sure that from the VIN, my car is #112.

And I will be following with pic's but it's going to take a bit of time. As I might have noted earlier, I'm having a bunch of preventitive maintenance done on her next week (timing belt, water pump, hoses, etc.) and then I plan to detail the crud out of the car. Then, I'll gladly post some pic's to share.

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Congrats... and enjoy (no doubt you will :D )

Hopefully this works. These pic's were taken by the former owner as part of his ad.

Attachments

• CJs NSX above drivers side.jpg
    CJs NSX above drivers side.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,175
Passenger side

Attachments

• CJs NSX pass side.jpg
    CJs NSX pass side.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,167
Passenger side interior

Attachments

• CJs NSX pass seat.jpg
    CJs NSX pass seat.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,156
driver's side interior

Attachments

• CJs NSX drivers seat.jpg
    CJs NSX drivers seat.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,156
Driver's side

Attachments

• CJs NSX drivers side.jpg
    CJs NSX drivers side.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,154
Just wondering was Shane the one who suggested the timing belt, water pump? work?

I too have a 1998 with 44k on the Dyno, nothing indicates to me the work should be done yet. :confused:

sawbona said:
Just wondering was Shane the one who suggested the timing belt, water pump? work?

I too have a 1998 with 44k on the Dyno, nothing indicates to me the work should be done yet. :confused:
For the '97-05 NSX, the owner's manual and service manual both recommend that the timing belt be replaced every 105K miles or 7 years, whichever comes first.

The water pump is not specified with a replacement interval, but because it involves the same extensive labor as the timing belt, it's usually replaced at the same time.

sawbona said:

As NSXTASY pointed out the service intervals are 7 years/ 105K miles.

Shane didn't recommend the work be done, per se. He certainly didn't feel that my desire to be conservative was unfounded either.

I want it done as an abundance of caution. While the car is in very, very good shape, I'm going to feel a lot better enjoying it the way Sochiro intended when I know that everything is up to snuff.

As far as the water pump is concerned, I'm only having that done at the same time to potentially save costs down the road. Its one of those things that the incremental cost to do it while the TB is being worked on isn't significant. Especially compared with having to do it later on.

Beuuuutifulllll... I really like black NSX's... but I had a black car once and hated the maintenance required to keep it looking clean...

Thanks everyone for the compliments and welcome.

Funny side story, I just came back from 4 days in Scottsdale, AZ attending Spring Training (I'm a certified Angels baseball nutcase) and the first thing I did when I got home...

took the X out for a drive along PCH.

Didn't even unpack until I got back.

I'd say I have the fever.

Hrant said:
Congrats :biggrin:

Hrant vin #092
Jadkar vin#161
Da Hapa .....

And 092 and 161 have pretty much similar mods ..... ;)

My friend owns #191 "1998-T Black/Camel totally a garage queen with only 18,026 original miles. It will be on the NSX classifieds as he is trying to sell it.

DSCF1079.jpg

Da Hapa, congrats on your purchase very nice color combo :cool:

NSXtasy, could there be 7 Black/Tan in 98 :confused:

SSSWWWWEEEEETTTTT!

Congrats! I recently got a black/black 97 NSX. I know how you feel. I LOVE my car and drive it every chance I get. :biggrin:

Back