• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Well, we did it. We bought our dream car.

Wow...those cars look really familiar :):)

jadkar said:
Wow...those cars look really familiar :):)

My compliments on your choice of car, sir. Truly magnificent. :biggrin:

Nice pics!! Like several posted, there's not much nicer than a clean black NSX (I have a '93). Mine's been lowered almost an inch, and I do my best not to scrape on ants.

PS - the only things I'm not absolutely in love with about the car are:

1) the horn
2) the headlights (I'm spoiled by the HID's on my other vehicles and our old S2K's)
and 3) the ground clearance. Although our vehicle is bone stock, it is lower than snot. I'm accustomed to taking bumps, driveways, etc. slowly and at an angle but man... this bad boy is low. I don't know how some of you get by after lowering the car.[/QUOTE]

1 and 2 can be fixed easy enough. Number three is going to be a love/hate relationship for life.

Congratulations!!!

Let me guess...the corvette in the background is a '67 with a 327 engine...Goodwood Green. ??
:biggrin:

Da Hapa said:
Driver's side

Jetpilot2112 said:
Congratulations!!!

Let me guess...the corvette in the background is a '67 with a 327 engine...Goodwood Green. ??
:biggrin:

Are you the lucky new owner?

The gentleman and his wife who sold me the NSX were absolutly heartbroken about selling the '67. He loved the NSX but lusted the Vette.

Da Hapa said:
First of all, I want to thank NSXPrime and all the members of this board. You were all a tremendous source of knowledge, insight and inspiration. The FAQ section and the advice to have the car looked at by a competent mechanic (Shane at Autowave) were invaluable.

Like many of you, I would guess, I've lusted for an NSX since I saw my first one back in 1991. I still have Sports Car International and Road & Track magazines with articles on this amazing vehicle going back as far as 1990. In fact, I still have the original silver/black "coffee table" NSX book that the dealers had when the car first came out. I've kept it all this year.

Along the way, I've had some amazing cars. Most recently we had a 2001 Silverstone on Red S2000 that was replaced by a 2002 Spa Yellow S2000 when the glass rear window became available. I loved 'em and only made the painful decision to sell the '02 when my Dad had a massive stroke in Oct. 2003. That terrible event changed everything.

I'm happy to say that my family is now doing better and my wife and I decided to treat ourselves.

We are now the proud owners of a 1998 Berlina Black on Camel NSX-T. The car is in very good condition and has 42K on the odo. We're now the third owner as the second owner only had the car 11 mo's before having a baby and needing something with room for a car seat (believe it or not he and his wife also parted with a beautiful Dark Green 1967 Chevy Corvette hardtop that was immaculate). Unfortunately, his loss is my gain.

We're taking the car into Autowave next Tuesday (the soonest we could get in) for some preventitive maintenance (timing belt, hoses, water pump, etc.) so I'm going easy and haven't pushed the car at all yet. Even still, it's just awesome driving this vehicle. I got home from S. Orange County traffic today with the biggest grin on my face!

I will post pictures in a few weeks (once I get the maintenance done I'm going to detail the snot out of it) so keep your eyes peeled for that.

Thanks again everyone. I look forward to seeing you on the road.

Christian and Dawn Asis

PS - the only things I'm not absolutely in love with about the car are:

1) the horn
2) the headlights (I'm spoiled by the HID's on my other vehicles and our old S2K's)
and 3) the ground clearance. Although our vehicle is bone stock, it is lower than snot. I'm accustomed to taking bumps, driveways, etc. slowly and at an angle but man... this bad boy is low. I don't know how some of you get by after lowering the car.

First Congrats :biggrin:

Second, what's wrong with the NSX horn? I think it sounds cute..very Honda :frown:

Third, you can purchase an HID kit aftermarket. Though DOT doens't recognize them as street legal, there is no escaping the fact that they make a night and day difference from halogen bulbs.

Lastly, I keep an Arangatang on steroids under my hood. Since my car is lowered, he just sticks his legs down like the Flinstones, and walks me up/down the steep ramps I come across.

Seriously, you have to change your driving style. Certain places you just can't drive in.

It's a nice trade off for Honda's exotic No?

Da Hapa said:
Are you the lucky new owner?

The gentleman and his wife who sold me the NSX were absolutly heartbroken about selling the '67. He loved the NSX but lusted the Vette.

No, but I wish I could have bought the vette! I'm just a corvette nut and specialize in "mid-year" Corvettes. The rectangular back-up light is a '67 telltale...plus, I could just barely make out the silver rings for the rear exhaust, which would make it a small block, since the big blocks came standard with side pipes that year. And, if I'm not mistaken, Goodwood green was the only green offered that year. :)
My father has had several old 'vettes in the family over the years, and about 7 years ago, we settled on a '65 convertible, glen green, tan leather int., teak wheel, knock offs, side pipes, 396/425, heater delete, numbers matching, frame off resto. One of a kind...literally. :redface:

Jetpilot2112 said:
No, but I wish I could have bought the vette! I'm just a corvette nut and specialize in "mid-year" Corvettes. The rectangular back-up light is a '67 telltale...plus, I could just barely make out the silver rings for the rear exhaust, which would make it a small block, since the big blocks came standard with side pipes that year. And, if I'm not mistaken, Goodwood green was the only green offered that year. :)
My father has had several old 'vettes in the family over the years, and about 7 years ago, we settled on a '65 convertible, glen green, tan leather int., teak wheel, knock offs, side pipes, 396/425, heater delete, numbers matching, frame off resto. One of a kind...literally. :redface:

Lord almighty.... I'm guessing you calling yourself a "vette nut" is an understatement.

The gentleman who bought the 'Vette bought it sight unseen and had it transported in covered transport back to TN (I think).

It was a beautiful car although it was an automatic and as you correctly surmised, it wasn't a big block.

The last of the true, good looking Corvettes, IMO (not to offend anyone).

Da Hapa said:
The last of the true, good looking Corvettes, IMO (not to offend anyone).

I agree, DaHapa...but I have to admit, I like the 68-72's as well, tho. (and, in case someone is wondering why i stopped at '73, it's because '72 was the last year for the "egg-crate" side grill).

Back