• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What a good offer on 1995 NSX-T? jh4na1184st000130

Currently looking at a 1995 NSX-T with 27K miles. Red/black 5-speed just isted on ebay (see link below). Being sold by Acura dealer at $39,995. Stoped in and looked at the car but was getting dark. Looked pretty nice given it is now 11 years old. It does have a couple of small paint blemishes and minor fixes needed (deck lid struts). I was given some of the service records which show the 60K service complete but no records for the 30K (which I assume includes belt change and water pump). Assuming these items still need to be done, what is a fair price to offer? I plan on test driving the car tomorrow afternoon and if all goes well, will make an offer. My guess is that the dealer got the car for the low $30's so there should be room to move. What do you folks think? Thanks for the help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...Z5337QQitemZ4604436568QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Re: What a good offer on 1995 NSX-T?

If I knew, I'd own one already. The low mileage is nice though! Good luck to you!

rickysals said:
no pics of engine bay? odd.

36 pictures, and not one of the engine. If nothing less we know that the glove box is in good condition. :smile:

Of COURSE there's room to move! Dealers NEVER expect to get the full asking price for a car, the one they put on the windshield.

Assume the timing belt and water pump have not been done unless there is proof otherwise. That's a $1200-1500 maintenance item.

If I were considering this car, I would pay Mark Basch of Basch Accurate Service (480-968-8010) to inspect the car. In the absence of any other glaring deficiencies, offer $35K and expect to end up splitting the difference with their asking price.

nsxtasy said:
Of COURSE there's room to move! Dealers NEVER expect to get the full asking price for a car, the one they put on the windshield.

Assume the timing belt and water pump have not been done unless there is proof otherwise. That's a $1200-1500 maintenance item.

If I were considering this car, I would pay Mark Basch of Basch Accurate Service (480-968-8010) to inspect the car. In the absence of any other glaring deficiencies, offer $35K and expect to end up splitting the difference with their asking price.

That is GREAT advice. Don't buy it, unless you have owned one, until you get someone to inspect it..That could save a lot of $ and a lot of heartache.
Glovebox looks fine.:biggrin:

I traded my 95 with 47k miles to local Acura dealer for 30 grand, and they sold it for 33k. The car was very clean with all service updated. In your case, make sure t-belt is done, and 30 service as well, and offer 35 grand.

Typically dealer. No wonder I prefer to deal with a private party. I go in and explain that the t-belt and waterpump need to be addressed and offer him $35K. Comes out and tells me that someone offered him $37.5 on their ebay ad but he doesn't end the auction early to sell it. The frustrating part is that he lowered the reserve on his ebay ad to $35,002! Wouldn't take my offer at $35K but his reserve was set at $35K anyway. Let someone else deal with them but I'm done. The search will continue.... I guess I'm just bitter! Thanks for everyone's advice.

Be glad. If you don't know the car or the dealer well, they probably did you a favor. They don't sound very reputable.

B

They really could have done a better job detailing the car...my car has 103k on it and looks way cleaner under the bonnet....and the paint looks orange....nobody aval to buff it?...your Negotiations and the prep of that car say..Find another Car/dealer...:frown:

madmap00 said:
Typically dealer. No wonder I prefer to deal with a private party. I go in and explain that the t-belt and waterpump need to be addressed and offer him $35K. Comes out and tells me that someone offered him $37.5 on their ebay ad but he doesn't end the auction early to sell it. The frustrating part is that he lowered the reserve on his ebay ad to $35,002! Wouldn't take my offer at $35K but his reserve was set at $35K anyway. Let someone else deal with them but I'm done. The search will continue.... I guess I'm just bitter! Thanks for everyone's advice.

They told me someone offered $36,900. I offered $32.5k. They came down to $35,999. Then they stopped me in the car on my way out the parking lot with $35,500. Then they called me 1 hour later with $35,102.00 and its yours. I can't believe they didnt take your $35k offer.

Yeah, I'm still miffed at them. They wouldn't even let me test drive the car until we had an agreed upon price. It's not like I am some 16 year kid wanting a joy ride. I even bid on the car to meet their reserve but have since been outbid. I hope the dealer gets stiffed by the high bidder. Can you tell I haven't let go of my anger yet :biggrin:

Ag NSX said:
They told me someone offered $36,900. I offered $32.5k. They came down to $35,999. Then they stopped me in the car on my way out the parking lot with $35,500. Then they called me 1 hour later with $35,102.00 and its yours. I can't believe they didnt take your $35k offer.

Yup, same here. The stupid thing is that the test drive can potentially add money in their pockets. If they would have let me drive it, and hear that engine again! I probably would have bought it today! :biggrin:

I expect that they'll be calling me in the morning. :mad:

BTW, I had the $35,000 bid on Ebay and was prepared to pay that walking in. The funny thing is that my offer started going down when I was at $35k and he was at $39,500. Can you believe they came down only $500. Then they came down to $38,899. What a joke! Then I lowered my about to $32,500. They kept asking what happened to my $35k offer. :biggrin: I just got tired and eventually didnt want to buy the car anymore either.

Ag NSX said:
Yup, same here. The stupid thing is that the test drive can potentially add money in their pockets. If they would have let me drive it, and hear that engine again! I probably would have bought it today! :biggrin:

I expect that they'll be calling me in the morning. :mad:

BTW, I had the $35,000 bid on Ebay and was prepared to pay that walking in. The funny thing is that my offer started going down when I was at $35k and he was at $39,500. Can you believe they came down only $500. Then they came down to $38,899. What a joke! Then I lowered my about to $32,500. They kept asking what happened to my $35k offer. :biggrin: I just got tired and eventually didnt want to buy the car anymore either.

I was fired up since I really thought I'd be driving this car tonight! I even told the guy that I had bought so many cars from dealers that I didn't want to play their little games and that my offer would be the best and final. Within three minutes he came out to tell me someone on ebay offered $37.5. I shook hands and walked out. Haven't heard from them since which is surprising based on your post. The thing that really hurts us is the 8.1% sales tax which you can't do anything about but it has to play a role in the overall price. I am just amazed this was an Acura dealer. Sounded like they had never had one of these types of cars on their lot before. I may just continue my search for a nice Ferrari 328 unless the right NSX comes along.

Save your money and find a 97 and up. You will be much happier.

I sold my 95 for a 03 and they are completely different.

the ad says black paint

1995 Acura NSX Exterior & Aerodynamics Standard Features
-Front and rear body color impact absorbing bumpers
-Coefficient of drag: 0.32
-Driver and passenger power body color door mirrors
-External dimensions: overall length (mm): 4,425, overall width (mm): 1,811, overall height (mm): 1,171, wheelbase (mm): 2,530, front track (mm): 1,509, rear track (mm): 1,529 and curb to curb turning circle (mm): 11,613
-Projector beam lens halogen bulb twin concealed headlights
-Gloss paint , black paint
-Rear window
-Front body color spoiler , trunk/hatch spoiler
-Tinted glass
-Weights: gross vehicle weight rating (kg) 1,592 and curb weight (kg) 1,425
-Two-speed windshield wipers with variable intermittent wipers

wow..after all that

color is wrong...which could mean this ad is a copy/paste

I smell salvage/ restored title

gsxrg said:
Did anyone look at the wheels. clip on weights on the outside.
never seen that before. :eek:
My '95 had weights on the outside when I bought it and the '95 I looked at before it did as well. I thought it was strange too and when I replaced the tires, had the installers put them inside.

Back