• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are some of the best deals yall have seen an NSX sell for?

It isnt a question of 'if', but a question of when i will purchase my first NSX. NSXPO is in raleigh this year which is 2 hours away from my home of wilmington NC. I intend to attend that show with my first NSX. With that said, I'm a bargain hunter. Unfortunately Ive recently had two outstanding deals slip thru my fingers. One nearly brought me to tears that I missed it. What are some of the most unbelievably low prices yall have seen an NSX go for?

I got mine for $22000 cad. Then put about 4k in repairs. I feel I did really well.

There was a 97 that just sold on eBay for about 38k, that was a great deal

I got a 2000 for 41 :) One of my best moves.

With that being said, remain patient but not too patient as I would love to see you at NSXPO. Best of luck!

Great question. I am in the same boat as you. I didn't quite go high enough on the 97 on eBay. Which ones did you miss? The NH 91 for 26 looked good, and the Sarasota one asking 30 sounded good too. I just missed the NH one by 3 days (had a biz trip to Boston lined up) and Sarasota was a rough 4 hour drive each way.

Which ones did you feel were good deals?

Like I said elsewhere, slim pickings for non-red/white with less than 80k. I might end up going red after all.

Keep in mind that the selling price of an NSX can be much lower than asking price. The asking price on my 92 NSX was 30k, and I eneded up paying 25.3k, and I am by no means a great negotiator.

I got mine for $22000 cad. Then put about 4k in repairs. I feel I did really well.

not too bad at all!

- - - Updated - - -

There was a 97 that just sold on eBay for about 38k, that was a great deal

yeah 97's are incredibly desirable. unfortunately I am stuck to the high 20's range

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind that the selling price of an NSX can be much lower than asking price. The asking price on my 92 NSX was 30k, and I eneded up paying 25.3k, and I am by no means a great negotiator.

yeah i know that much. when i search craigslist and autotrader, i extend my search to 32k banking on the fact i can talk most sellers down atleast 3k

- - - Updated - - -

I got a 2000 for 41 :) One of my best moves.

With that being said, remain patient but not too patient as I would love to see you at NSXPO. Best of luck!

I see youre in Raleigh. Beautiful car man and nice deal. I'll be in touch when i get mine. if you see any around for sale, let a man know!

- - - Updated - - -

Great question. I am in the same boat as you. I didn't quite go high enough on the 97 on eBay. Which ones did you miss? The NH 91 for 26 looked good, and the Sarasota one asking 30 sounded good too. I just missed the NH one by 3 days (had a biz trip to Boston lined up) and Sarasota was a rough 4 hour drive each way.

Which ones did you feel were good deals?

Like I said elsewhere, slim pickings for non-red/white with less than 80k. I might end up going red after all.

I feel that ebay is a horrible idea when purchasing an nsx. that is if you follow ebays guidelines of buying a car. I prefer to stay away from the auction and message the seller privately. i certainly wouldnt be doing any ebay bidding for one.
I dont know if i saw either of the ones you mentioned, but both sound like good deals. The two i missed were outrageous. 1 on here and 1 on autotrader. I cant seem to find the one that was on here at the moment, but its a few weeks old now so maybe its been deleted. The guy was asking 30k for a 91 or 92 with low miles, had no luck at 30k for a few months so dropped it to 20k. needless to say it was sold within the day. and i missed it. The other one was on autotrader and the listing may still be there. a 92 with 40k miles with an asking price of $26k. obviously i called the moment i saw it. a middle age woman answered the phone and said 'sorry hun, my husband just sold it, we'll take the posting down soon'. well they didnt and it rubbed in my face everytime i browsed autotrader. ha.
I too desire a black one, but red and white arent so bad. and yes prefer to go under 80k or post timing belt replacement at least

Last edited:
I think the trend is that NSX's are going up in value. That being said when a good deal does come up you need to be able to act quickly. If you hesitate you'll miss it. I got my 2001 with 13k miles for 43 a couple of years ago. I had to do the TB/WP but that was it. I thought that was a fair deal at the time.

I should have added - no automatics either. A green 65k 1994 just showed in Reston!! Going there this week! Perfect!

And it's a $%#@$%&&& auto....groan.

Hi GoJiraPlease, can you please elaborate on the ebay comment, I was just curious what you meant, maybe what you say will help me in my search. Thanks.
- - - Updated - - -

Hi GoJiraPlease, can you please elaborate on the ebay comment, I was just curious what you meant, maybe what you say will help me in my search. Thanks.

I'd be curious too. I purchased mine off eBay in March of 08. No problems, but I did communicate with the seller/owner before bidding. I had searched for years keeping an eye out. I feel I did well on the deal. BUT I must admit it was a bit scary for me. I had never bid on anything for that much & it still is and probably will remain the most costly eBay purchase for me.

I know another member on prime who purchased his off eBay. In his case the seller didn't set a minimum bid and he won the bid in the low $20's. Which was a very good deal. I've seen the car and it is in nice shape. The seller was hoping to get closer to $29k for the car and probably could have sold it higher had he posted it elsewhere.

Given the choice I would prefer to purchase from somebody on Prime. They tend to know more about the car and the importance of maintenance. Then from a private party off autotrader, cars, etc.

I do know if you see one you like for a good price you have to move fast. The nice ones, or the one's priced well move very quick. There are some very nice cars that remain listed for months, but those are the cars looking for a premium price.

Enjoy the hunt! PPI's are wise and worth the investment.

I should have added - no automatics either. A green 65k 1994 just showed in Reston!! Going there this week! Perfect!
And it's a $%#@$%&&& auto....groan.

Automatics get a bit of a bad wrap, I have driven an automatic NSX and it is very responsive and sporty. Goes like hell too. It doesn't shift like a normal automatic, but rather like how you would shift your own manual (roughly). Fairly easy to downshift/upshift if you want using the stalk control. I'd say try it before completely ruling it out if you find a car that fits your needs.

disclaimer: I personally prefer my 6spd, and for a car that was going to see track time I wouldn't go auto - just wanted to point out that I have a much greater respect for the auto after having driven it.

Regarding bargains, I'd be careful on putting too much of a premium on a "bargain" price as you can end up getting what you paid for. By in large though, it seems like the cars for sale from dealers are higher priced so you may want to try and find a reasonable private seller.

I paid 23.5 for my 95. I saw it online, called the guy, negotiated, drove to bank and pulled out all cash and drove there to buy. From moment I saw online until I owned it was about 7 hours. Talk about a spontanious purchase lol. I got super lucky and a sweet ass deal.

Note: My NSX was all stock. CTSC and everything else was added by me.

Last edited:
I bought mine for $12,000 clean title... Taitec rear diffuser, headers, exhaust, coilovers done. Needs a ton of work but I don't mind putting in te wrench time. Clean title no accidents.

I bought mine for $12,000 clean title... Taitec rear diffuser, headers, exhaust, coilovers done. Needs a ton of work but I don't mind putting in te wrench time. Clean title no accidents.

Wow. How many miles?

Wow. How many miles?

135,000 miles... Don't get me wrong, I knew what I was getting into. Its just gong to be a slow process for me. I'm going to build it the way I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the delay, what I mean by the ebay comment is use it as a car finder, not a car buyer. treat ebay like autotrader, find the ride, contact the seller. chances are he is selling locally. you dont HAVE to go thru ebays process to purchase a car. besides, who wants to compete with a thousand other potential buyers?

- - - Updated - - -

Automatics get a bit of a bad wrap, I have driven an automatic NSX and it is very responsive and sporty. Goes like hell too. It doesn't shift like a normal automatic, but rather like how you would shift your own manual (roughly). Fairly easy to downshift/upshift if you want using the stalk control. I'd say try it before completely ruling it out if you find a car that fits your needs.

disclaimer: I personally prefer my 6spd, and for a car that was going to see track time I wouldn't go auto - just wanted to point out that I have a much greater respect for the auto after having driven it.

Regarding bargains, I'd be careful on putting too much of a premium on a "bargain" price as you can end up getting what you paid for. By in large though, it seems like the cars for sale from dealers are higher priced so you may want to try and find a reasonable private seller.

theres an automatic on ebay for real cheap. absolutely immaculate with low miles. i bet its still an awesome car, but this is a huge investment for me and i wont be purchasing a car unless it meets all of my hearts desires.

- - - Updated - - -

I paid 23.5 for my 95. I saw it online, called the guy, negotiated, drove to bank and pulled out all cash and drove there to buy. From moment I saw online until I owned it was about 7 hours. Talk about a spontanious purchase lol. I got super lucky and a sweet ass deal.

Note: My NSX was all stock. CTSC and everything else was added by me.

what a steal! i'm mad with envy

- - - Updated - - -

I had an opportunity like this recently. 91 black manual with 101k. guy was asking 21. said he would take mid teens. but damn the thing was raggedy. if i had a little more prowess under the hood i woulda made it a project, but considering i'd have to pay for 90% of the work done to it, i didnt wanna drop another 10k after purchase. needed paint and wheels too.

Last edited:
About a year ago their was a clean Red 91' with ~110k miles that sold for <$18k. I passed on it and a friend snatched it up!

there was the other clean-ish black 91 clean title 60 miles that was 18.5k about a year back here as well.

the car has been around for a while, there are bound to be some ppl who got a deal for theirs.

About a year ago their was a clean Red 91' with ~110k miles that sold for <$18k. I passed on it and a friend snatched it up!

- - - Updated - - -

gorjira, some i found

if you are in a serious position to buy i would check these 2 out asap.

if these are legit, and were in canada id be all over these 2 myself. both ads state 'clean' cars.

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/3825447791.html 91, 73k miles $25k.

http://miami.en.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/3801612655.html 97, 96k miles $27k

good luck!

Last edited:
there was the other clean-ish black 91 clean title 60 miles that was 18.5k about a year back here as well.

the car has been around for a while, there are bound to be some ppl who got a deal for theirs.

- - - Updated - - -

gorjira, some i found

if you are in a serious position to buy i would check these 2 out asap.

if these are legit, and were in canada id be all over these 2 myself. both ads state 'clean' cars.

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/3825447791.html 91, 73k miles $25k.

http://miami.en.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/3801612655.html 97, 96k miles $27k

good luck!

the 97 targa in miami seemed ideal until i noticed that automatic shift handle.

the 91 in nevada however, will remain in my sights despite the hideous wheels.

thank you for the heads up and the best wishes

The 97 that sold on ebay for $38K that we all thought was a great deal is back up for sale on ebay. Wonder what the story is on this car?

I purchased a 1991 with 10K miles in 2006 for $38500.
I just repurchased the same car (now with 32k miles) for $35600.

Did I get a deal? Probably not, but I just wanted to give you some perspective on pricing for a lower mileage car.

Back