• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What color is this? (GB car)

I found the pic in the 20th anniversary thread, and would like to know what color this car has:

Nuerburgring-18072010-091.jpg

It's impossible to tell from that photograph. Several of the NSX colors can be easily mistaken for black in many lighting conditions as well as in photographs, and that photo looks like a black car. The reflection of the sun on the front bumper makes it look like the actual color may be purple (Midnight Pearl) or dark blue (Monte Carlo Blue Pearl).

For a guide to NSX colors, click here.

Ken, you have to get a screen with more color resolution. :wink: Yes, this is Midnight pearl which is recognizable at the turning-lights area. :)

Ken, you have to get a screen with more color resolution. :wink: Yes, this is Midnight pearl which is recognizable at the turning-lights area. :)
Color resolution is not the problem. The problem is that colors are not always reproduced accurately - not on the screen, not in photographs. And lighting can change the appearance of colors.

I know colors are difficult to get accurate on screen. :smile:
I guessed Midnight Pearl at first, but I have also seen at car at the Prime which was Berlina Black with a hint of midnight blue in the clear coat. Same effect on the pics.

I asked a paint shop about mixing 5 % color in the clear coat, but this can apparently no longer be done with waterbased paints.

We know the owner, it's midnight purple. A very nice motor with some tasty modifications.
That is our sebring silver just poking into the picture on the left.

Sharon

Looks like you UK girls and boys have some real nice silver cars (I like the one on the right too, nice overall OEM combo). I didn't know the one one the left was yours but it caught my eye while watching the pics. Nice one!

EDIT:
nsxtasy:goldnsx
before x:0
after x:1
:D

Last edited:
I have to agree with GoldNSX about the UK cars. I have seen several really nice ones, and I find sebring silver to be very nice with the fixed headlight front.

When I need to respray my clearcoat, I have to find a way to add midnight pearl into it. Creating a hint of purple on the surface. :smile:

Thanks. I was hoping for the owner to read my post.
There is absolutely none midnight pearl in Norway as far as I know, and there cannot be many in Europe at all.
Was it an UK option, or is your car JDM import?

Thanks. I was hoping for the owner to read my post.
There is absolutely none midnight pearl in Norway as far as I know, and there cannot be many in Europe at all.
Was it an UK option, or is your car JDM import?
iirc it was a option.

I've seen it on US and JDM cars so it's likely universal

I know of two in Switzerland, I've seen both of them live. One is in Germany. Actually I prefer black for midnight but that's just me. I don't like red on 02+ but prefer it on 91-01.
As for silver, sebring looks much better than silverstone. My Insight has the later color and it's too dark for my taste.

Midnight Purple was a UKDM standard color option from 94-97. I've only seen it on the Taga models. It was available with either black or tan leather.

regards,

Back