• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you think about this? "Interior Seat Graphics"

Have you noticed how plain the interior of most cars are? It seems that car makers have been quietly upgrading the interior seats of vehicles with companies such as Recaro and other embroidery logos to dress up the seats on vehicles. In order to embroider a logo on an existing seat, you will need to remove the skin of the seat and then have the logo stitched on it. Definitely very costly.
I just recently had my seats customized and wanted to see what everyone thinks. It took about an hour to have this done and the material is synthetic suede similar to Alacantara. There are about 8 different colors to choose from with the suede and about 16 different colors for the non-suede XLR material. Anyway, it is suppose to be a permanent thing and has a one year warranty against peeling. Your comments are appreciated.

3434879923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2333%3D77%3B%3D797%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3A84%3A45%3B7ot1lsi

3434879923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2333%3D77%3B%3D797%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3A84%3A45%3B9ot1lsi

3434879923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2333%3D77%3B%3D797%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3A84%3A45%3B%3Aot1lsi

Last edited:
I think it looks great. I am thinking about doing the same thing except with red stitching and nsx on the headrest.

I think having a simple logo can look nice. But I would definitely want it embroidered, for durability as well as looks. You mention peeling and fabric; what does your logo consist of, another layer of fabric that is glued on? :confused:

My NSX has leather seats (of course), and my other car has alcantara seats (except for nylon center portions). I prefer real leather to the alcantara. (If I were to reupholster my seats anyway, I would prefer an uncoated (fragrant), buttery-soft leather, such as you'll find on many Lexus automobiles, to the coated leather of the NSX.)

This is not stitched on. You can find more information at:
www.autographzonline.com
I guess you will need to look at this to determine if it is something you are interested or not. Embroidery does look nicer but for seats that have perferated leather, there is a chance that the stitching can separate the leather. This is a low cost method for customizing your interior.

Litespeeds said:
This is not stitched on. You can find more information at:
www.autographzonline.com
I guess you will need to look at this to determine if it is something you are interested or not. Embroidery does look nicer but for seats that have perferated leather, there is a chance that the stitching can separate the leather. This is a low cost method for customizing your interior.

that website sucks. so they are iron ons(kinda) they dont have any exampes of close ups on where the materials meet.

I guess you can say they are kind of like iron on transfers but they have a patent on a special low heat adhesive which is permanent. I will try to take a closeup later and post it.

diablo2469 said:
cool thanks. and how much did it acutally cost, did you just order it from the website?

This graphic has to be installed by a dealer who has their thermally controlled heat transfer unit. Application has to be at 265 degrees with leather or vinyl seats and 280-285 for cloth seats.

The retail price is between $95-$125 depending upon material and how many colors.

Back