• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you think of this rendition of the spied car?

Cool car but its not an NSX!!!!! Damn it Honda get it right..You milked the original design since 1991!!!!.....It's your chance to shine again!!!!!!:redface:

They are pretty good renderings. I think the artist did the best he could to save the car's aesthethics, but the overall shape/form is holding it back still, which he cannot change. The front grill does look like a saturn, that should be changed. I seriously think the exhaust pipes look like pooh and does nothing to relate to the car's language. It's not a bad looking car, it just that there are many out there that already look very similiar due to this shape and size.

Looks good to me except for the rear. That just looks like an M6/Z4 to me.

Keep the front and side profile and re-work the rear taillights, and I think they'd have a good platform to work off of.

It's not an NSX. We have the one and only NSX. That is that. But it would be a great next flagship sports car for Acura.

However, it's not as hot as the Lexus LFA imo. If they are priced similarly, I'd still go with that if I had to choose.

Last edited:
Our factory service rep stated he saw in car footage of the car/test mule on an undisclosed test track already and was simply amazed:wink:

These 'renderings' were made by someone who basically took the movie footage from the Nurburgring tests and digitally painted out the zebra camouflage.

They were then posted over at the Temple of Vtec. Then they were requested to be taken down.

I wonder if someone got too near something dear?

yeah, I saw the piece on vtec.net after they took down the pics... so I searched for the guy's screen name (ciwai) and came up with the link

Our factory service rep stated he saw in car footage of the car/test mule on an undisclosed test track already and was simply amazed:wink:

I don't think anyone is really going to be disappointed with the performance... more about the exterior design and drive tran layout.

needs to be a hard top convertible so it can compete with the Ferrari California as the first NSX competed with the Ferrari of it's day.

The more I think about this the more I realize Acura is not going to build a replacement that appeals to many people on NSX Prime, but they will build a car that draws the same attention so they can sell cars to that crowd for the next 40 years. when we are all in diapers again we will see how this next wave of primers hate the 3 rd generation cause it looks nothing like the one that stole their heart back in 2010.

needs to be a hard top convertible so it can compete with the Ferrari California as the first NSX competed with the Ferrari of it's day.

The more I think about this the more I realize Acura is not going to build a replacement that appeals to many people on NSX Prime, but they will build a car that draws the same attention so they can sell cars to that crowd for the next 40 years. when we are all in diapers again we will see how this next wave of primers hate the 3 rd generation cause it looks nothing like the one that stole their heart back in 2010.

LOL "All in diapers again":biggrin:

Actually Steve this cars competitor would be the 599. Honda again going two less cylinders than Ferrari. Should things continue to progress this car will blow the 599 into the weeds.

LOL "All in diapers again":biggrin:

Actually Steve this cars competitor would be the 599. Honda again going two less cylinders than Ferrari. Should things continue to progress this car will blow the 599 into the weeds.

I just really feel like a better driver with the engine in the rear but the old guy in me and the older guy that is coming just loves the engine in the front. I loved my SL55 and I am really thinking of getting the California when it arrives. BUT...if the new NSX is similar to the California I might give it a go.

I just really feel like a better driver with the engine in the rear but the old guy in me and the older guy that is coming just loves the engine in the front. I loved my SL55 and I am really thinking of getting the California when it arrives. BUT...if the new NSX is similar to the California I might give it a go.

You rich b@st@rd quite being cheap and just buy both ..and then post pics ..LOL:biggrin:

You rich b@st@rd quite being cheap and just buy both ..and then post pics ..LOL:biggrin:

I only have 2 garage spaces and have about 15 cars now. The way my property is set up there is no way to build a big garage here. I have been in the same house since 1989 so it would take a lot of emotional distress to move.

I thought I was going to buy my neighbors house after she passed away but the neighbor on the other side was a better vulture.

I only have 2 garage spaces and have about 15 cars now. The way my property is set up there is no way to build a big garage here. I have been in the same house since 1989 so it would take a lot of emotional distress to move.

I thought I was going to buy my neighbors house after she passed away but the neighbor on the other side was a better vulture.

Well I could see that being a problem. Hahaha "better vulture" dude you're truly hilarious!

Wow almost 20yrs at the same place you certainly don't hear that any more. If you did buy the Acura would you buy first year or wait? I'm sure they would have some type of Sport edition later on and that makes me want to wait.

Well I could see that being a problem. Hahaha "better vulture" dude you're truly hilarious!

Wow almost 20yrs at the same place you certainly don't hear that any more. If you did buy the Acura would you buy first year or wait? I'm sure they would have some type of Sport edition later on and that makes me want to wait.

Well I have been told I am #2 on the list for the next NSX if and when it comes. I was #3 but the #2 guy went to jail so I got moved up to #2. A properly placed bag of weed could move me to #1 but I am going to wait until the official release first. :biggrin:

well i have been told i am #2 on the list for the next nsx if and when it comes. I was #3 but the #2 guy went to jail so i got moved up to #2. A properly placed bag of weed could move me to #1 but i am going to wait until the official release first. :biggrin:

roflmao!

Well I have been told I am #2 on the list for the next NSX if and when it comes. I was #3 but the #2 guy went to jail so I got moved up to #2. A properly placed bag of weed could move me to #1 but I am going to wait until the official release first. :biggrin:

:wink:

I agree with you regarding the crease, especially how it changes curvature abruptly. However it's a camo car so the end result may be quite different.

It looks like a photo shopped RL. They really should call it an RLC or RLGT, not NSX after all it is based on the RL underpinnings. Hopefully it will look better in person, but will never replace a true mid engined exotic such as the NSX. It sure looks better than the GTR but I'm not sure it is better than the Toyota offering, that car has very clean lines, the Acura is a little too busy.

Actually I prefer that they don't create another mid engined car, it will give our cars more exclusivity.

Tytus

Back