• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you think? Orange/Bronze Work VS-XX on Black NSX

I'm thinking about getting these wheels in the Orange/Bronze color. What do you guys think of the color combo with a black car??? I photoshoped the pic of the wheels in.

Binh

Attachments

• front2 copy.jpg
    front2 copy.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,138
Last edited:
maybe around haloween time but other than that, I'd pass... i just ordered the work vs-kf's and can't wait to get them!!

emdoller said:
maybe around haloween time but other than that, I'd pass...
I agree.

There are some colors that look great on a black car - particularly various shades of silver that Malibu Rapper mentioned. These include the chrome/polished look, a clear-coated brushed aluminum look like the stock '97-01 wheels, a painted silver look, or a painted gunmetal look like the stock '94-96 wheels. I think any of those would look killer! But not a "colorful" look like bronze, red, yellow, etc.; those just stick out like the proverbial sore thumb...

Those wheels are available at Pep Boys on the holiday clearance table. Complete with a plastic pumpkin and 5lbs of candy!!! :)

I want to thank everyone for their input. At first I was positive that I would go with a black face and a polished lip, but it seems like everyone has that. I uderstand what everyone is saying about the gunmetal, polished, silver, and metal color finishes would look beter. However I think that this look might be different in a good way. Attached is a close up picture of the wheel.

Binh

Attachments

• 1_norm.gif
    1_norm.gif
    37.3 KB · Views: 794
Binh said:
I uderstand what everyone is saying about the gunmetal, polished, silver, and metal color finishes would look beter. However I think that this look might be different in a good way. Attached is a close up picture of the wheel.
Still looks exactly the same to me.

No offense, but I'm not sure why you seem to be trying to argue with us. You asked, and we stated our opinions. If you don't like those opinions, then don't try to talk us out of them; just remember that "there's no arguing about taste". If you like the looks of the wheels in those colors, then get them! And don't worry about whether or not other people like them (although if that's the case, then I'm not sure why you asked...).

P.S. The design of those wheels look a lot like the stock wheels on the '99 Zanardi NSX. The Zanardi wheels came in a gunmetal gray, and I think that would look great on a black car. (But again, if YOU like orange, get orange.)

:eek: I agree with nsxtasy. You are not going to get any kind of universal agreement on the way a wheel looks or what the best finish to get is. What you will get is a general consensus and I think most ppl think these wheels would look great during Halloween, especially on your black car. I honestly think these might look decent on an imola.

I've never seen a black wheel that looked good either, but there are a bunch of other threads and I'm surprised that there's actually quite a few people that like black wheels. Just goes to show you that everyone's got different tastes.

If you're trying to please other people, you might try to get these wheels in a more neutral color. If you want to make yourself happy and don't care what other ppl think, get them in this orange color and there's bound to be someone who will agree with your decision.

I think it will look OK. Just like a bronz Volk wheel on black.. It still looks good.

another members car.

attachment.php

It will be a darker look but should still look good.

I'm just a big chicken and stick safely with silver wheels. With a 1500-2500 investment I play it safe.

Binh...

Just go for what you like. I know that you would prefer it if people backed your decision, but sometimes you have to lead by example in order to truly be 'different'. Many times people won't like your decision, but that always is the case with something radically different. And the guys are right, if YOU like it, then just do it...

If you want my opinion, I think that those are a fine choice of wheel. I purchased them in a 19 inch sizing for my old G35 Coupe which was also black. I opted for a 'special edition' color called burning black. It is a special color that Work produces which is a variation on black chrome... Check it out as I think it looks excellent on a black car...

racingmix_shakethatass.jpg

fkong777 said:
I think it will look OK. Just like a bronz Volk wheel on black.. It still looks good.

another members car.

attachment.php

WOW!! Whose car is that??? It looks evil...in a good way. :eek:

I personally don't like the orange/gold combo with the black car.

I prefer the lighter silvers and grays.

Don't care for the dark grays, and definitely not black when it comes to wheels.

I think black and gold/bronze go together nicley, it really depends on the person. I had my stock 97 wheels powder coated gold, had them on for a while, looks pretty good for me.

I eventually went with black and polish lip setup.

Attachments

• 7027397_l.jpg
    7027397_l.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Back