• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What happend to the BaschBoost SC?

Hi

I'm wondering where the BaschBoost "hype" have gone.

I searched for Supercharger on the SOS site a while ago and results for it came up, promising a affordable package with 120hp+ gain and how great the man behind this kit was and so on. But now it is removed.

What happend? To many problems with it??

I thought it looked pretty nice (clean engine room with it installed), and a affordable solution and I really got turned on by the nice dyno-graph (very nice curve) and hp-gains. The informationpage even promised reliability and compitability with original engine parts and such parts as stock clutch and so on.

Is that project dead now?

Regards

Adeel

I had heard it was still for sale, but I am not sure.

There were a lot of initial problems with the kit, but the majority are now running well. With the addition of the AEM, the BBSC is one BAD ASS kit.

SOS is working on a new kit that initially looked similar, but it sounds like it is going to be excellent.

NetViper said:
I had heard it was still for sale, but I am not sure.

There were a lot of initial problems with the kit, but the majority are now running well. With the addition of the AEM, the BBSC is one BAD ASS kit.

SOS is working on a new kit that initially looked similar, but it sounds like it is going to be excellent.

Oh... That sounds nice :) Can't wait.

Maybe SOS-Chris can give us some information :)

I remember when I first started looking at FI options....everyone was quick to bash the BBSC and now 2 years later, now that Fuel management issues are resolved, Everyone is in love with it again. The BBSC would smoke a CTSC and its all about the power isnt it?

My take is that if you can get it running properly, that you'll have one hell of an NSX. With the availability of the new OBDII AEM EMS the chances of getting it working well are greatly increased, but it still does not appear to be a slam dunk.

I would say that if you want a daily driven OBDII NSX, that the BBSC is probably not an option, yet. If you can have the car down for days/weeks at a time, then it could definately be worth a shot. I bet it would produce 20 to 30 more HP then an autorotor 9lb CTSC with management.

It would probably be less expensive also.

The Kid said:
.....its all about the power isnt it?
I would disagree - it's all about the torque!
One shortfall of the BBSC is it's all top-end, upper rev range & lacking in the most usable mid-range area.
On drag strip keeping in the top end that's great, for street driving, whole other story.

D'Ecosse said:
One shortfall of the BBSC is it's all top-end, upper rev range & lacking in the most usable mid-range area.
On drag strip keeping in the top end that's great, for street driving, whole other story.

Amen D!Ahh yes torque,the single biggest shortfall in the power department for our motors.why do you think n20 is my game ,monster torque! to bad its not their all the time in the whole powerband which is n20's shortfall.the S/C has good HP within the entire band BUT the torque drops off early. searchin searchin hehe

Autorotor CTSC

The Kid said:
The BBSC would smoke a CTSC and its all about the power isnt it?
Both runing at 6 lbs, and both using the same EMS, I'd take you up on a wager.

I remember seeing a dino comparison between The competch and basch. The competch increased the torque evenly throughout the Rpm range. The basch had a higher peek torque # But the torque was only increased in the upper range of the power band. There was even a point where the torque went below the stock torque #’s. Like D'Ecosse Said it seems to me that the competch charger has more usable power range for a street driven car and definitely more reliable.On the other hand the basch with the proper tune can put down some impressive #’s.

Im waiting to see what Chris at SOS has to offer before I make the decision to go FI

I guess it depends where u look because the Basch can be tuned differently some produce more power then others.

Re: Autorotor CTSC

KGP said:
Both runing at 6 lbs, and both using the same EMS, I'd take you up on a wager.

Ive driven in 2 BBSC cars and both cars "Felt faster" and had higher HP Dyno numbers. Maybe becuase I wasnt driving that it felt so fast. Recently with the chilly weather in NJ, my NSX feels animalistic! Im looking forward to my new headers arriving and some more dyno time.

The Kid said:
Ive driven in 2 BBSC cars and both cars "Felt faster" and had higher HP Dyno numbers. Maybe becuase I wasnt driving that it felt so fast.

That's probably the reason it felt much faster. When I ride in the passenger seat of my car it feels much faster than when I'm driving. I think it's because your body can't anticipate the movement. I think the new autorotor comptech wouldn't have a hard time giving a BBSC a run for it's money.

D'Ecosse said:

Before the AEM, I would have agreed, but not now.

surferX said:
I think the new autorotor comptech wouldn't have a hard time giving a BBSC a run for it's money.

The nice thing about the BBSC is the ability to add the aftercooler and bump up the boost. I wouldn't run the new autorotor at much more than the 6-7 psi it comes with.

I haven't been in any comptech that felt like my car does. Both 6 and 9psi.

NetViper said:
The nice thing about the BBSC is the ability to add the aftercooler and bump up the boost. I wouldn't run the new autorotor at much more than the 6-7 psi it comes with.

I haven't been in any comptech that felt like my car does. Both 6 and 9psi.
Dave, I keep telling you that you aren't going to sway my decision away from the CTSC being my first (and only) choice. :tongue::smile:

SPA_S2000 said:
Now lets talk about this rumoured CTSC inter/aftercooler.

yes, I want one:biggrin:

KGP said:
Dave, I keep telling you that you aren't going to sway my decision away from the CTSC being my first (and only) choice. :tongue::smile:

I am not saying to go get a BBSC because they certainly require at lot more time and work. Bottom line is for someone who wants to make A LOT of power, they are a lot better choice than a CTSC.

That said, I would recommend a 6psi CTSC over a 6psi BBSC any day.

You all know I am a big CTSC fan. Truth be told, I wish I had just got a CTSC and called it a day.

SPA_S2000 said:
Now lets talk about this rumoured CTSC inter/aftercooler.

Yes, lets. It has been rumored for 5 years. Still have yet to see one.

NetViper said:
You all know I am a big CTSC fan. Truth be told, I wish I had just got a CTSC and called it a day.
Yea, I know - but your posts have been fooling me.:biggrin:

NetViper said:
Gene, I think you should go turbo. :biggrin:
Ya THINK?
Answer: See signature.

I have no connection to Comptech at all but I have received some help from them, among others, while developing my intercooler http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64214for my CTSC. I know they have a design that will fit in the intake manifold but after all the research I did for mine I have to question the effectiveness this design might offer. Both the airflow and efficiency of mine are in question and it is twice the size of one that would fit into the manifold.

If the temp numbers on the new Autorotor are correct the need for an intercooler are greatly diminished. If you were going to try to get 12-14 lbs out of the new Autorotor you would probably still need to cool it but you would also need an engine build.

Mine will be tuned in a month and I will have some feedback so one could decide if the cost and power can justify the effort.

jdnsx said:
Mine will be tuned in a month and I will have some feedback so one could decide if the cost and power can justify the effort.
Stand alone, or no?

Back