• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What if the new NSX pushed out 900HP~......

No NSX here, but one of the best car comparison videos yet. The fact that the 918 beat all of the other Hypercars in acceleration and lap times while carrying around 3800~lbs makes me wonder if the new NSX in the hands of tuners like Alpha or Underground Racing might make the NSX go head to head with the 918 for the #1 spot if the OEM NSX turbos and supporting parts were upgraded to deliver 900HP~.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsaWMTqLDMs&feature=youtu.be

Cool Video. Now it's official why Ferrari wouldn't let the LaFerrari go against the 918 and P1 officially on the 1 mile race...

If the new NSX is the mini-918 in spirit, then the performance factor truly bodes well. All of that weight and the 918 came out on top in both spectrums.

I think the new nsx will indeed be the budget friendly P1 or 918. But man oh man, I love the P1 in black. That is my dream car. I could stare at it all day long. It seems though, upgrading the nsx will just merely be mostly software upgrades with a few bolt ons. It will be interesting to see this car and the aftermarket upgrades a year after it comes out.
I am begging my wife to go half/half with me on one...

I don't think there's a huge market for modified cars of this price tag. Unlike UGR which works on lamborghinis which are sold in much higher numbers than the NSX will, there just isn't going to be a huge ROI for people to develop them.

I was hoping to forge the engine and fit some major low spooling high power turbos. I see this done to GT-Rs all the time, and they regularly make 900 (english bhp) with stock spool, from a 3.8.

Depending on how good the base engine is, 700/800 could be feasible from the basic engine geometry.

Trouble is not all engines are equal. I've seen from experience that the 3.6 flat 6 in the most recent 911 turbos just don't give anything like the gains through modification that the GT-R does.

I really hope someone goes for it. I also really hope we can hack the software as the man with the controls to this set up could literally make the car do anything he wanted!

Last edited:
Honda has never been known to have strong transmissions. I wonder why kind of power the factory driveline can hold?

I'm pretty pally with the main manufacturer of aftermarket performance gears for the GT-R and while they have an NSX on order, they did comment to me that it was a pretty small box considering it has 9 gear ratios in it. Does suggest fairly narrow gears.

On the plus side, the gearbox only has to handle torque to the rear wheels. This means when you up the power too much it will tend to spin the tyres rather than shock load the drivetrain like a 4wd car.

Back