• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is your most preferrable year of nsx?

If you werent really concerned about money, what would be your most desirable year of NSX?

I ask this because I'm interested in buying a newer NSX, but definitely NOT brand new... would love to have a NSX-T, but I know that the 95's had their drawbacks and such... as far as structural strength and weight... I also like the 3.2L engine's of the 97's and up... So I'm leaning more towards a 97 or later...

What are your thoughts?

-Electro

92, since it is coupe and the lightest, with no airbag on passenger. Better than 91, since some issues are resolved (like snap ring, etc)

Or if money is no object, I'll go with the Zanardi.

I only want coupe, since it is a better handling car.

92, since it is coupe and the lightest, with no airbag on passenger. Better than 91, since some issues are resolved (like snap ring, etc)

The most serious issues for the '91 - the snap ring problem and the window regulator problem - afflicted the '92 as well. In fact, a much higher percentage of the '92 cars were affected by the snap ring problem than the '91 cars.

I can't afford one of the newer ones. However, if I could I would love to find and 3.2L coupe, wherever one may be. Year would not matter, as long it was a 3.2L 6 speed.

If you want the T, I say go for a '97. I'm sure you can find great deals on them and there really isn't much different between the '97 and '01 models.

I chose to go new last year simply because I had to have new. I do dig the perforated leather seats...but I don't think they factored into my decision.

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 11 June 2001).]

Originally posted by Electro:
If you werent really concerned about money, what would be your most desirable year of NSX?

Money no object, I'd get a special order '01 Coupe.

Bob ('94 #496)

IMO, '97+ for sure. Order a coupe or get a Zanardi if you want fixed-top, the -T if you want the sun to shine in.

I tend to agree with the rest of the guys

if money is really no object, anything after 97 is preferable because of the 3.2L engine and the 6 speed tranny

If you like automatic, then I would still stick to the newer models (price being no object of course), but I don't want to start another auto/stick fight so you pick what you like best

if you don't mind a little tougher ride, then go with the Zanardi, its the lightest of the bunch so its a touch faster than all the other models sold in the US (stock) remember it only came in a coupe and its gonna cost a little more than the non Zanardis, but in my opinion it's the best one out there

Originally posted by NSX next car:

If you like automatic, then I would still stick to the newer models (price being no object of course), but I don't want to start another auto/stick fight so you pick what you like best

Was there a "auto/stick fight"...I must have missed it

------------------
jag
95T SportShift

Zanardi.

Factory-lightened and suspension-tuned
(but only came in one rather un-differentiable color)

Alternately, a 00/01 silver coupe, EPS delete if possible

------------------
Manuel C
93 NSX S/B #394
93 300CE
93 NH750

So I'm guessing there aren't many 6spd 97 nsx avaiable... damn.

I have yet to drive a 3.2L 6spd... but i'm sure i'll get my paws on one soon!

-E

So I'm guessing there aren't many 6spd 97 nsx avaiable... damn.

There are, but most of them are the NSX-T, not the coupe.

Back