• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What should I expect to pay for a facelifted 2002+ NSX with sub 50.000 miles?

I'm getting there, but don't know what is the right price point for a good condition (no stories) NSX. I want the facelifted NA2 (2002 model) and the earliest ones in this range will do just fine. Miles don't scare me but don't want to go over 40-50.000 miles, and depreciation doesn't matter at all.

What are these models going for...? I see them from 45.000 to 55.000. Is 45.000 a realistic price or would I be buying a bad car?

Thanks.

I think $45k is a fair price to both parties for an '02 NSX in good condition with 50k miles. But you will have to be patient as there are very few (only like 750) in the U.S., so they come up for sale very infrequently.

I don't think you need to worry about depreciation as it will be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy below anything else that is comparable. I would budget $3-5k a year if you are driving a reasonable amount (10k or less per year).

Last edited:
I currently own/drive a 2002 with @53,000 miles, all service up to date, all service records, no paint work, normal chips on the car from driving it, and I can tell you that I am NOT looking to sell my car, that while I think you will be able to find clean 02-05's with 50,000 miles and service records and service up to date in the 45-50k range, you'd have to pry the keys and title from my closed, cold, dead hands!!!! You need to find a car that the owner "NEEDS TO SELL" and I think it'd be doable, but not easy. Story cars, well, that's another story all together!:eek:

I own a 2002 and have the folowing as thoughts that will effect the price:

1) Color
2) Mods
3) Miles
4) Issues e.g. car 100% clean of stories
5) Location

I am sure there are more, but that is a start. In my case I wanted a CTSC GPW version and was prepared to spend accordingly. I can tell you that you would need to spend quite a bit more for an NSX like mine.

I currently own/drive a 2002 with @53,000 miles, all service up to date, all service records, no paint work, normal chips on the car from driving it, and I can tell you that I am NOT looking to sell my car, that while I think you will be able to find clean 02-05's with 50,000 miles and service records and service up to date in the 45-50k range, you'd have to pry the keys and title from my closed, cold, dead hands!!!! You need to find a car that the owner "NEEDS TO SELL" and I think it'd be doable, but not easy. Story cars, well, that's another story all together!:eek:

+1 in stock condition (2002). Add $$$ if a rare color. You will need a motivated seller otherwise look closer to $50,000.

Okay, I'll guess I'll save some more months then and set the price point to 50.000 $ mark.

Color of choice is black, blue, silver, white (in that order).

Don't forget to keep a couple thousand for any service thingies that may come up. Plus if you live in California, sales tax on $45,000 can cost you around $4,300, assuming your truthful on sales price......

Okay, I'll guess I'll save some more months then and set the price point to 50.000 $ mark.

Color of choice is black, blue, silver, white (in that order).
Blue and white are the scarce colors here. You'll have to be patient, lucky and willing to pay up!!!:wink:
Yellow of course is the most valuable, as well as being the fastest color, but everyone here knows that fact!!!

oy vey

Blue and white are the scarce colors here. You'll have to be patient, lucky and willing to pay up!!!:wink:
Yellow of course is the most valuable, as well as being the fastest color, but everyone here knows that fact!!!

The white ones seem to go really quickly since it is the NSX-R color IMO, and they seem to command a premium too.

LBBP is very nice and very rare.
I wish I could have talked the owner down to 50k

Last edited:

;)

Don't forget to keep a couple thousand for any service thingies that may come up. Plus if you live in California, sales tax on $45,000 can cost you around $4,300, assuming your truthful on sales price......

Thanks, will have a buffer.

The white ones seem to go really quickly since it is the NSX-R color IMO, and they seem to command a premium too.

Yes, I assume that's why the white ones go fast... A white NSX-R really looks as good as NSX can get. I'm 100% sure if I stumble upon a white NSX that I will go for Type R exterior :tongue:

For what its worth, I was willing to go up to $50k, looked for 8 months, and couldn't find a single 02+ that didnt have a story. Imola was my top choice as well and the only 2 I saw that came near $50k had extensive paint work.

Not saying it can't be done, and of course it's a year later, but I think people are quick to point out listings and stories of folks who "found one" without peeking under the covers to see what the car is all about.

Now if you don't care about accident history and paint work, thats totally a different story. If you pretty much just want one that looks pretty good, would "fool" anyone except a collision guy, and don't care about color then I'd say you'll definitely find one in the mid 40's.

BTW, 50,000 miles is barely broken in on these cars!!!!:wink:

BTW, 50,000 miles is barely broken in on these cars!!!!:wink:

Thats true! You know thinking about it, the thing is that its kind of hard to *find* "high" mileage 02+. That could also be what got me in my search.

There are hardly any of these cars to begin with. A fair chunk were totaled. Another decent chunk have been banged around and glued back together :)

The remaining batch, from my annecdotal experience, seem to have been garage queens and hence command top dollar.

What I found was a mix of high(er) mileage + paint work or pristine PLUS low mileage (which is a deadly combo for value :D)

Of course the NSX can be driven and driven. What would be great is to find what you do tend to find with the older ones. A genuine really well cared for, high mileage, NSX. By 02+ that just wasn't happening any more. When I bought mine in 03 the dealer was almost sort of shocked. When I traded it in a few years later for a 911 the reaction was "woah! they still make these!"

For what its worth, I was willing to go up to $50k, looked for 8 months, and couldn't find a single 02+ that didnt have a story. Imola was my top choice as well and the only 2 I saw that came near $50k had extensive paint work.

Not saying it can't be done, and of course it's a year later, but I think people are quick to point out listings and stories of folks who "found one" without peeking under the covers to see what the car is all about.

Now if you don't care about accident history and paint work, thats totally a different story. If you pretty much just want one that looks pretty good, would "fool" anyone except a collision guy, and don't care about color then I'd say you'll definitely find one in the mid 40's.

Thanks for this post. Will most definitely do a PPI! Didn't know there were so many story cars out there... Of course I want it to be story free :) That's why I'm getting the NSX... Flawless ownership :)

Back